Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supercharged 2.4
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of figuring this all out. My plan is to retain the stock 2.4 EFI system and swap the 2.4 manifold for a cut down 3.0l with a larger throttle body. The engine arrived to me with the manifolds and all wires disconnected. I have the complete wiring harness and ECU. The engine is from an Opel Omega A. I am having a heck of a time finding the wiring diagram for this FI system. Are there any members here who have experience with the stock 2.4l injection system?

Diagrams or pictures would be great!

·
Supercharged 2.4
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be happy to take a look at the documentation! Any information is better than no information.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,208 Posts
One of our European members could get a copy from an Opel or Vauxhall dealer.

Dieter

·
Supercharged 2.4
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're a better speller than me. :)
Its at the shop in paper form it'll take a me a few days to scan and post.
haha sorry I didn't even notice your misspelling. I'm not a cunning linguist :). Thanks for your help! I also discovered through my searching that this particular EFI system was also available on some of the 5 series BMWs.

One of our European members could get a copy from an Opel or Vauxhall dealer.

Dieter
Do you know if there are repair manuals for the Omega A 2.4 in English?

·
583 Posts
Wiring or schematic of Motronic.

This evening I will take a look in the manuals I have. There are several that cover the various types of Bosch FI. If I have anything I will send the name of the publication(s).

I think I have a spare ECM for that system as well. I will let you know.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Just look at BMW 5-series manual

haha sorry I didn't even notice your misspelling. I'm not a cunning linguist :). Thanks for your help! I also discovered through my searching that this particular EFI system was also available on some of the 5 series BMWs.

Do you know if there are repair manuals for the Omega A 2.4 in English?
. . . make it easy on yourself, why not just look at a BMW 3/5/6/7 series manual . . . in US they're all in English and Motronic is Motronic is Motronic!

A small word of caution though, all the cars you mention are at least 6-cylinder cars and Motronic is, I believe, sequential (per-cylinder timed) injection versus the gang-fired injection of Bosch FI systems prior to that.

·
Supercharged 2.4
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
. . . make it easy on yourself, why not just look at a BMW 3/5/6/7 series manual . . . in US they're all in English and Motronic is Motronic is Motronic!

A small word of caution though, all the cars you mention are at least 6-cylinder cars and Motronic is, I believe, sequential (per-cylinder timed) injection versus the gang-fired injection of Bosch FI systems prior to that.
Not a bad idea on the manual. The efi I have is for the engine I have so that should be fine. I think there will be minor differences between the BMWs efi (few extra wires) but the majority of it may be close enough for me to use the diagrams.

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Volvos also used motronic systems similar to the 2.4 you have.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
After researching this problem theres several things to work around.
Seems the Bosch group was changing pinouts on the pcms like we change underwear.
So after running into a dead end I called a friend.
He's got the info but will need to load an archived disc.
Cross your fingers..

·
Supercharged 2.4
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After researching this problem theres several things to work around.
Seems the Bosch group was changing pinouts on the pcms like we change underwear.
So after running into a dead end I called a friend.
He's got the info but will need to load an archived disc.
Cross your fingers..
Thanks! *Fingers Crossed*

·
Supercharged 2.4
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I figured most of it out with the manifold in place. Some of the wires had labels however most didn't. There were only two I couldn't decisively determine where they went.

For anyone else who ends up searching for this information the Omega A only came with the Motronic 1.5 and Motronic M 1.5.4, so that should narrow your search into what other cars came with the same EFI.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts