Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Opeler
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a great deal on a set of really nice black seats from a '94 Miata. I am sure that they will look great in my GT, and improve comfort, but they are clearly not a bolt-on replacement. Before I just start tearing things apart, has anyone done this conversion, and how did you mount them securely?

Because of the somewhat odd design of the Mazda slider mechanism, I am thinking it may be better to mount the Opel sliders to the Mazda seats in order to mount them, but any advice would certainly be appreciated.

Andrew

·
Opel Key Master
5,336 Posts
miata seat mounting

The miata's brackets are angled at the ends of the sliders and have a large hole. Take the sliders off and staighten the angles so they are flat. You may want to weld washers over the holes to make the hole smaller so you have a firmer mounting hole. Then make brackets to mount the holes to the original mount holes. I don't get specific here because there are so many ways you could do this part of it. As far as mounting GT sliders??? Why not have a smooth track that the miata offers that appears to be powder coated and maybe less prone to corossion. Stick to the miata sliders.
Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts