Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
I'll be there Friday - Sunday.

· Registered
781 Posts
I checked the entry list, an Opel is entered again this year !! I watched the Subaru video linked above.
Did not see spectators lining the road like seen at some European events. Not allowed ?

Rode the Cog railway to the top once and hiked down, but have never driven the road, may do that this year.
Mt Washington is 2nd steepest Cog RR in the world. Mt Pilatus CH is the steepest, and has even better views.

Pic is lower part of RR, the automobile road is on the other ,Eastern, side of Mt Washington.

Attachments

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was great to meet up with the Opel folk at Mt. Washington on Sunday. Duane and Lynn were super nice especially considering how much stress they were under with the race. Met the crew -some familiar faces and some new. Duane posted a very respectable time on his first run despite running on three cylinders for the final portion of the course. So disappointing he didn't get to make a clean second run. I'm sure it would have been epic. It sure wasn't for lack of trying. That Ascona looks awesome with the box flares and cool paint job! Dennis's Manta support vehicle was there attracting attention again too. Hope to see you all again next time the Ascona climbs to the clouds.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.