Opel GT Forum banner

281 - 300 of 324 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Watched the entire DVD today (some parts twice). Very nice!

·
Opelnut
933 Posts
anxiously waiting dvd

Still lookin in the mailbox for mine to arrive.. maybe tomarrow

·
Senior Contributor
4,976 Posts
Watched the DVD on my 65" HD screen last night. Dwayne I sure hope it was easier to see the road from your angle than it was through the lens of the camera. Great videos, Thanks.

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,483 Posts
Watched the DVD on my 65" HD screen last night. Dwayne I sure hope it was easier to see the road from your angle than it was through the lens of the camera. Great videos, Thanks.
I'd like to say it was, but it really wasn't. Visability was poor in the rain thanks to no wipers or defroster, but it was really poor toward the top. Without exageration, it was about 25-30 feet in the fog.

Duane

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
I'd like to say it was, but it really wasn't. Visability was poor in the rain thanks to no wipers or defroster, but it was really poor toward the top. Without exaggeration, it was about 25-30 feet in the fog.

Duane
Holy Scheiße! It's a looong drop off above the tree line!

·
Super Moderator
13,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
I'd like to say it was, but it really wasn't. Visibility was poor in the rain thanks to no wipers or defroster, but it was really poor toward the top. Without exaggeration, it was about 25-30 feet in the fog.

Duane
If you decide to do this event again, it might benefit you to install a glass windshield and at least one wiper arm.:yup:

·
Senior Contributor
4,976 Posts
If you decide to do this event again, it might benefit you to install a glass windshield and at least one wiper arm.:yup:
And also figure out a way to get some heat on the window as a defroster, even if it's a small electric job.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Thanks Duane for the DVD.

I liked the part where you dirt tracked.:veryhappy
The steep drop off ...........your crazy!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks for the video, Duane. I got to see the "piston in a cup" first hand the other day...damn shame.

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,483 Posts
Ascona windshields aren't the easiest to find. Anyone happen to have one available?

Duane

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,483 Posts
Thanks Duane for the DVD.

I liked the part where you dirt tracked.:veryhappy
The steep drop off ...........your crazy!
I would have really been able to dirt track it if the other motor stayed together. I could just barely get the rear to step out with the replacement motor. The fog made it hard to see how far down the drop off was, so it wasn't too bad. :yup:

Thanks for the video, Duane. I got to see the "piston in a cup" first hand the other day...damn shame.
Yeah, I should sit that on a shelf in my garage as a reminder.... right next to my spark plug. You're quite welcome for the DVD. I hope you enjoyed it.

Duane

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Duane;
I have a good used one, and would love a new one, but, the new one is in Belleville, NJ, not a short trip from GA.

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,483 Posts
I'd be happy to fetch it for you if you buy it.

Duane

·
Super Moderator
13,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Ascona windshields aren't the easiest to find. Anyone happen to have one available?

Duane
We could always have them made in coated lexan. You can even use wipers on this stuff. We'd have to send them an original for pattern-making of course.

They list for $359.67 in clear 1/8" material, and about $380 for 3/16" material. Probably could get them for a little less if we ordered multiples, just like Travis did with the GT windshields a few years back.

·
587 Posts
Duane;
I have a good used one, and would love a new one, but, the new one is in Belleville, NJ, not a short trip from GA.
I'd be happy to fetch it for you if you buy it.

Duane
Just to let you know, they say windshields can be picked up at any of their 3 locations. I'd call to make sure though before I bought it. The WARMINSTER PA location is only a few miles from Rick G in Hatboro. I bought a windshield from these guys years ago before I knew this & had it shipped.

~ Tom

·
Opeler
286 Posts
Got my dvd yesterday.thank you very much Duane!!When i watched it it made me ever more proud that was i able to offer what i could to you team opel!!I realy loved the slideshow photos.Bob you must be an amazing dude for the party smiling almost in all of them and even when you hold the broken spark plug and knowing everything is going down to hell :)
way to go.

281 - 300 of 324 Posts