Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm moving this thread over here where it seems to be more topical. Does anyone have any interest in a Mid-West Opel club? I'm in Iowa as is opelguy69. Kevinfier is in the quad cities... did I remember seeing someone around here in KS?? Any other takers? Anyone have any ideas for a date to meet and greet? Oldopelguy: are you still coming through in late Sept? If so we could try to coincide....

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Hopefully.....

If everything goes right I will be coming through the Des Moines area on the afternoon of the 21 of Sept. and again on the 4th or 5th of Oct. I probably won't be driving the Kadett out, but it might be in tow to be driven back. ( The last long trip it went on was today, last year, and in addition to the rest of the world's events, it took 39 hours to drive what usually takes 22.) I would love to see some cool Opels and meet some more of you, so I would probably be willing to drive down anytime during the visit home to make a day of Opeling.

If I do end up taking the truck, does anyone need anything transported from New England to the midwest or vice versa? I could deliver a decent running GT to anyone along the way for a mere $2500..... Now would be the time if anyone was interested, after all, free shipping is hard to beat!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man oh man that GT is tempting, but I'm still trying to get Emmy up and going!!

As far as the MWOC very first inaugural meeting :D I'm going to be gone the 22nd-23rd but around any other days/times that would work for anyone else!

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Gary said:
Be careful, Opels can multiply faster than rabbits. There are three for sale near me, but with six (and a half) I am waaay over the limit!!
Anything I may be interested in?

-Travis

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Travis said:
Anything I may be interested in?

-Travis
What might you be interested in?

There's a '69 GT in the Auto Trader for $1,800. A GT in Tiverton, RI that someone told me about and a '73 GT in RI listed iin the opelgt.com ads section.

I have a '69 Gt with a Red interior and a rebuilt 1.9 that I'll be parting out (or selling) and a '73 body that I was going to put the V-6 in before the Olympia came along that I may sell as is or put the rebuilt engine in and sell. (It's the one that was in my driveway when you stopped by)

How does this Saturday sound for picking up the Manta? It will be before the "Leaf peepers" come out and I will be coming up with an empty trailer! ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Absolutely SD is included!! That's how oldopelguy is getting sucked in. He is traveling from NY back to SD so that's why its up to him to pick the date (other than Sept 22nd or 23rd).

And yes I guess I am heading this up. I kinda "made it up" (the MWOC) in a post about all the other regions clubs. I decided we didn't really have one so I made one up!! :)

·
Opeler
94 Posts
I'm game.

Kristi. If your're letting in the guys (and gals) from our neighbor state to the south how 'bout us in the great white north (North Dakota)?! I hereby duely designate ND as the Roughrider division (in honor of Teddy Roosevelt) contingent of the MWOC. Nope I'm not duing the Lewis and Clark. Too many other things are being named that in honor of their bicentennial. Crap, I'm rambling again. Sorry

Can't attend any events this year though. .:mad: Super busy with exterior remodeling project

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Gary said:
What might you be interested in?

How does this Saturday sound for picking up the Manta?
Anything other than a $150 parts car is a little rich for me right now..:(

Saturday would be fine. Send me an e-mail and we can discuss times and such.

-Travis

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dakota: I hereby designate you the RoughRider contingent. ;)

69: Sure as long as he doesn't ask if they were made to look like Vettes.... :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well..

I always wanted a reason to drive across the country...

I think I have some friends in Chicago...

What's that I smell?

Road Trip!?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the words of the immortal Rod Roddy.... COME ON DOWN! :) (As soon as we set a date that is....)

·
Registered
16 Posts
OMG......Don't you think you're showing your age a little Kristy?:D

Man...I wouldn't mind making a trip out there myself!
Unfortunately, i'm unable to attend.
It's damn near impossible to get the time off work,
and honestly i don't think my GT would make it....
I can barely keep it on the road for a week, let alone long enough to make it across the country! :(

Does anyone know of any clubs out here in northern cali?
I never though of asking, but doen't Gil at OGTS head up a club?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone..anyone..Bueller..Bueller...

Ok Boys and Girls: Anyone figured out a date yet? Last I knew we were waiting on OldOpelGuy to set a solid date? If not, anyone else got any ideas. I'm out this weekend (Sat-Sun) but other than that I'll be around! Emmy goes in for service tomorrow so she'll be all ready to go soon!

What's the story morning glories???

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
mjustice said:

Does anyone know of any clubs out here in northern cali?
I never though of asking, but doen't Gil at OGTS head up a club?
There is a Northern CA chapter of the Opel Motorsport Club. Visit the OMC Web site

If the MWOC gets organized, you can apply to become an OMC chapter.

·
Opeler
38 Posts
Kristi,
Sounds like you are going to be heading this new chapter up :) I know I won't be able to make any meets this fall but hopefully by spring my baby will be able. I have to save up some more leave time. Been playing way to much this summer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts