Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
August 30th - A good bit more done since these pics were taken..

But here is what I could catch with my phones camera..

It looks like I might not make it with a detailed engine bay, but everything else will be done.. :) May find time to do the engine too..

Down to carpet, windshields, mounting one the passenger seat, install the visors and getting it back to the body guy to wet sand and touchup.

Charles

Attachments

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
OK here they are.. wanted to holdoff posting until after the show.. but couldnt help myself.

Charles

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
Charles, could you please post your photos as .jpeg's versus .pdf's? The .pdf's are 2 MB or so apiece, and take quite a long time to load, even over my high speed connection. A similar .jpeg would be under 100 kB, and take about a second to load. That also saves some drive space and bandwidth for Gary.

TIA

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Charles, could you please post your photos as .jpeg's versus .pdf's? The .pdf's are 2 MB or so apiece, and take quite a long time to load, even over my high speed connection. A similar .jpeg would be under 100 kB, and take about a second to load. That also saves some drive space and bandwidth for Gary.

TIA
Actually.. the 2MG files are about 24 pictures each... thats why I do PDF. Easier to format and such. at 300K a pic... thats almost 6 MG

Planned on posting them in my gallery though.

Charles

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Attachments

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Interior

Attachments

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Engine

Attachments

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Before, during and after..

Attachments

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well.. its now going back to the body shop for final touch up..

Can't wait for the nationals..

Charles

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help!

I was googling for a photo of the Opel I bought for $50 in 1985. I happened upon your photo of 1971 Kadett. That was my car! I was 18 and had no idea what I was driving. I never took a picture of it. The reason I was searching for the photo is that I want to document my time w/this car.

If anyone can help me find printable photo (i.e., 4x6 at 300 ppi) please email me! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
Yeah, but 2-door or 4-door?

I was googling for a photo of the Opel I bought for $50 in 1985. I happened upon your photo of 1971 Kadett. That was my car! I was 18 and had no idea what I was driving. I never took a picture of it. The reason I was searching for the photo is that I want to document my time w/this car.

If anyone can help me find printable photo (i.e., 4x6 at 300 ppi) please email me! Thanks!
. . . but was it a 4-door like Charles'? . . . pretty rare one, most were 2-door Kadetts . . .

. . . how about this one, my '69 Kadett LS

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Wow.. 13 years I have had MaryAnn 2.0 - I think thats the longest I have had any car other than Bens Manta and both need a refresh for different reasons.

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Well since I found and resurrected this old zombie post.. I will post the versions of the car since.. :)

Version 1.1 ( Added the Rack and Rims )

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Went to EFI

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Subsequent engine fire..

·