Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I will try to post a few more progress pics tomorrow after teardown and blocking. I may be slow posting the next few days because we are headed to Utah on Saturday for our anniversary. I promised the wife no Opel talk on our trip, but if she mentions it....
Also I have a few things to do to our Sequoia before the trip. I wont go into details but I will say 1 word about it. Suspension...

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I managed to knock out 2 big projects between last night and today. Not necessarily Opel related but...
I couldnt drive the Sequoia to Utah, much less be in Mt. Zion, without lifting the truck

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I also managed to find time to organize the garage and add a much needed work area. SUPER important to stay organized for when the body work is done and its time to pull the motor

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Reactions: Josh72

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wondered where you had gotten off to, welcome back. Looks like you have been busy. Tell us about the engine, the first picture with the orange oil filter and the fins on the oil pan, nice. What is it??? I have only seen two engines my original 1.9 and also my 2.0 rebuild which pretty much looks like a 1.9.

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I was told it was a 1.9 to 2.4 but after further investigation it was a 2.0. Not exactly what I was looking for 😑

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I am hoping someone that knew Roger would stumble onto my build page and see the motor. Maybe see if anything looks familiar or knew some of the things he was doing with the heads/blocks back then

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Disregard the last pics. Back to the original plan. Building my spare 1.9 to 2.4. The engine I was looking at wasnt the configuration I was looking for so I opted out of the purchase. I did end up with some Irmsher shorties and Italian 40 DCOE. Still debating using those or Holley Sniper injection. Decisions decisions...

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Its been a little while since Ive posted but wanted to share progress on the body work being done. She is getting reaaaaaaally close

·
Build a dream and drive
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Body work finally done until the final prep for paint. The goal is to pick it up tomorrow and start getting ready to pull the engine. I will be rhinolining the engine bay and undercarriage before the new engine goes in. I will also pull all the wiring to clean and check for imperfections. I will detail pics of that process as I get moving on the projects

41 - 54 of 54 Posts