Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they weren't manufactured for quite a while. Maybe somebody has two at home (I'd take four as well). Tried the internet and various sources for quite some time - no luck. I don't want to buy smaller rims just because I can't get two tires...

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Mike;
What about 205/60's? those are still available

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Gene's right. I just checked www.tirerack.com and they have to 205 X 60 X 13 Sumitomos for $42 a piece. I have 5 of them going on Willit? and they appear to be the same diameter as the 185 X 70s I had on previously, that are now on the trailer. :D

·
Opeler
89 Posts
I've got all 4 of my original (pre-endless V6 monster project) tires just sitting in the garage... I'll need to check the size, but I've got wider ones and 15's that are going back on the car, so I won't be using the old ones mounted on 13's. I'll make you a bargain. email me sporqster"at"msn.com.

I'm headed home in just a few so I can confirm if they're original size and I'll shoot you pics.

EDIT: D'oh nevermind you're in Germany. Woudn't make much sense to ship there would it.

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
The 205/60-13s are significantly smaller than 185/70-13s; by about .5 inches and about .7 inches than the stock size tire.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Babies, I love you...

especially GOINMANTA & MARC. You're really cool guys and if I'm lucky and those companies have a couple left you saved the look of my baby.
Sure 205/60 we have over here enough as well, but not 225... If you check my album you'll notice that I have 225/60-13(8inch rims) on the back axe and 205/60-13 (7inch rims) on the front axe. 205 on the 8 inch rims wouldn't look really good at all. 235 on the other hand is a bit tooo much. 225/60 -- 205/60 over here is a veery scarce combination. My (225) tires are from 1988! Profile is still very good but they're just too old (dangerous as well). THANKS SO MUCH. By the way, I'm in Germany but have friends all over the US (who would ship stuff over to me then..)THANKS AGAIN, (how did you do it?? When I googled for 225/60-13 almost nothing popped up..)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mike Siegel said:
(how did you do it?? When I googled for 225/60-13 almost nothing popped up..)
They are very good (I tried and I could not get anywhere that you had not already gone)!

The wonder of the Opel community :D

·
What's a Nopel?
352 Posts
No Problem, but...

I'm MUCH cooler than Charles!
:D

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
GoinManta said:
KNow anyone in New Zealand.. ?
My nephew works at Mag & Tyre Mania in Auckland and I live in Christchurch where the Bridgestone factory is located - but those S340 Egars in 225 60 13 are hard to come by and expensive at around $NZ180 each. Plus shiping to Germany would cost about $NZ200 a tyre - and take 10 to 13 WEEKS! :(

·
7,517 Posts
Mike Siegel said:
how did you do it?? When I googled for 225/60-13 almost nothing popped up..
Ancient Chinese Secret (God does that date me or what) ;)

Actually don't remember, but I am known as the "googlemaster" at work for a reason ;)

·
7,517 Posts
GTJIM said:
My nephew works at Mag & Tyre Mania in Auckland and I live in Christchurch where the Bridgestone factory is located - but those S340 Egars in 225 60 13 are hard to come by and expensive at around $NZ180 each. Plus shiping to Germany would cost about $NZ200 a tyre - and take 10 to 13 WEEKS! :(
Thats only $NZ380 a tire.. thats like what $50 USD ;) or 25 Euro

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got a set of 235-50/13 tires on the rear of my Opel. Came with the car. It's honestly the widest tire you would want to put under the rear wheel arches. Nice looking from the back though!

·
1,973 Posts
Wouldn't a 205/60/13 bulge past the outside of the stock rim quite a bit? and does the smaller side wall make a noticeable improvement in handling due to less side wall flex?

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GTJIM said:
JIM, if you could help me there, that would be magnificent. 380 NZD equal 200 Euro. I'D LOVE TO SPEND THAT AMOUNT. Like I said, without those babies I can sell my 8'' rims and buy smaller ones with 205's. Would be more expensive and less attractive...CAN YOU ASK WHETHER WE CAN BUY 2 ?

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Will do my Best!

No Problem Mike - I will go out and see how far I can chisel down the price. There are nearly fifty tyre retailers in Christchurch so I will gett he best price possible and then find out the postage cost for sure.

Bridgestone Egar S340 225/60 X 13 Two off - Iwill hunt them down for you this week! I will ask about any other brands inthe same size and let you know what is available and what the costs are!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm getting "drunk" with all of this different tire sizes, I'll be needing tires here pretty soon so since you all talking 'bout tires....what's the widest tire you can fit on the stock rim.

·
1,973 Posts
I guess a 205 is about the widest you can safely fit on the rim.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
just keep this thread posted on what is available, i'll need some 225 or 235's soon for my 13X7 rims for the GT.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts