Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally deceided on what my opel is going to have in/on it! Here is a list of the things needed to be done, or just upgrades I decieded on doing! Hopefully by March it should be done, if I can get a reply from any freaking companys!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

EXTRA's
~Clear/Red Lens Covers
~Tail Skirt
~Side Skirts
~Californian Front Spoiler
~Rear Spoiler (not fin)
~Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust
~2.4 Liter Fuel Injection Engine
~Street Glow (possibly?)
~Nice system..4 Speaker Surround, 12" Sub

REPAIRS
~Repair rust holes in body
~Belly Pan
~Floor Boards (both sides)

For my paint job, I'm going with a nice black undercoat, with a black normal coat. After that, 1 or 2 coats of clear-coat. I love the black on an opel, but I have to make sure to get all the little dents and such out!

Tell me what you think! I know I'm adding a lot for customization, and a lot of you like the stock GT... but I'm building to my likings, and that should be what your car is all about!

Altogether I figured my car would cost a total of about 3000-4000 to repair and custom like I want, excluding the engine. Its going to cost about 900 for the body kits and shipping. I can get a paint job from a friend at a discount of about 1200. I am going to replace most of the interior (carpet, seat covers, vinal...) so that will be about 300. There are little things that will add up to quite a bit too!

Hopefully if I can get the parts I need to repair the body, then the project should move RIGHT along! Anyone have tips on where to get like fenders and floorboards? I NEED them!! Opelsunlimited isn't giving me the responses in the time I need. Comments are wanted, so the more the better! Thanks for your time - Jon

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
sounds good....

I like your thinking..... I like the original look of the opel gt, but I'm going with the front spoiler, rear spoiler, and side skirts. I'm also putting on 15" chrome rims, redoing the interior(on that now).. replacing all lens. new exhaust system, engine and tranny rebuild.
and don't forget the sound system.......Good luck and hope to see your opel in a few year, on the count of its looking like mines gonna take some time.... (the funds)...lol

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to add..currently I am using Mag 15" Rims, which look sporty enough to use for a while at least! I want to upgrade to like some 16" Honda 5 spoke rims or something, maybe a little low profile. Not sure yet, whatever I decide to do when the question comes up lol

·
Opel gone bad
108 Posts
just got my california spoiler!

yeeehaw! doesn't look as easy to install tho!

what are you putting for a rear spoiler then?

~Rear Spoiler (not fin)
if its not a fin? I'm looking for something cool besides a fin...

I want side pipes and I already have 16" rims and clear lenses in
the front and red lenses in the back! OTGS had that deal buy one get one free!

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Trunk lipe rise, like the Camaro's? I like them (GTs) as is or with minor mods like the skirts, which really seem like they belonged there all the time. Nothing wrong with what your planning in my book (and I am a traditionalist)
:p

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Street glow are the lights that you see spilling out from underneath the Rice Burners. Some people love 'em, others can't stand it. I have seen a couple of cars that look "right" with street-glow, but they were mega-buck (>$100K) custom imports.

I think they also make LED windshield washer nozzles, valve stem caps, and exhaust tips (yes, LED exhaust tips, that is not a typo).

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, Street Glow is 4 Neons Tubes that get installed the the underbody of your car. Gives you the effect that its floating sort of. There are like 8 different colors to choose from. I would only be getting ones for the underbody of the car, but you are correct..they do make them for windsheild wiper nozzles, valve stem, grill, around your license plate..ect, pretty much anyplace you want them! I think they give a nice touch to any "customized" cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Being I have been an Opel enthusiast since the mid 70's, I think I should avoid voicing my opinion on this forum regarding the"neon rice lights".
But what the heck....If I saw you driving down the road with those on your Opel, not only would I have to look the other way, but I would probably be exphixiated (sp?) from both laughing hysterically & throwing up simutaneously!:D

Different strokes for younger folks!

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind of interesting looking back at how immature you were just a year ago. MANY MANY changed have been made in how the ol' Opel is going to turn out. As for the neons..I now have decieded against them. I had a lot of plans back then and money I guess didn't seem like an issue. I went from upgrading Body, Engine, Interior, well.. just abaout everything, to maybe half of what I first anticipated. Now this is the new list, and everything that is actually getting done.

Body Kit (Done)
Nice blue Pearl Paint (Done)
15" Chrome AR Rims (Done)
Painted engine block (Done)
Close to stock interior, other than maybe seat covers..lol
2" Magnaflow Exhaust
All new Clear/Red lenses
Tinted Windows

Thats about it, and for the huge system? If I can even afford a cassette player when my car is driveable..that'll put a smile on my face..lol

As for the 3000-4000 total cost? Well I figured out that when my car is completely finished to take to car shows and stuff..I will have about 7200 into it. As of right now, Ive got a little over 4000.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
L.e.d.

i dont know about have those led's on the exhaust and on the nozzle, etc. but i have these 5mm 6000 mcd blue leds in my gauges(we all know that those stock ones weren't bright) I mean i still have them installed. my dash cluster was in the best shape, so i took it off a drilled holes at at an angle and glued the lights in, then ran all the lights with 470 ohms resistors then to a toggle switch which is hidden uder the dash... , and have 3 of them pointing at each peddle.. it turned out great.. i'd hate to see a opel be called a ricers with under glow. but what evr floats your boat, as long as your happy while restoring it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts