Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Opel Manta Luxus
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what this goes to or what it’s for? I haven’t found the other end with a corresponding connector. It’s in the driver’s side of the trunk. Thanks.
8EA718EF-5154-44E2-A814-8182C975B9F0.jpeg

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts
Speaker?

Reactions: hrcollinsjr

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts
No speaker there or 3rd brake light.
Just because there's no speaker there, now, doesn't mean it's not a speaker plug.
The color is correct for it being radio related.

Reactions: Luxusburg

·
Opelnut
947 Posts
yup bet you find the other end of it under the rear window shelf ;)

·
Opeler
1,510 Posts
Is it for a trunk light or did the Mantas not have one? It looks like it has a mounting clip that sticks into a panel somewhere so that could be it.

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
Is it for a trunk light or did the Mantas not have one? It looks like it has a mounting clip that sticks into a panel somewhere so that could be it.
Mantas have a trunk light, but that is not the connector.

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts
View attachment 435909
No evidence of a speaker that I can see.
But you can clearly see where the speaker would go. Dead center oval hole with 4 mounting holes surrounding it.
The car probably had the speaker wire in the harness whether or not a radio was installed.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The rear shelf was replaced prior to me buying it so that is not original. I think FO is correct as an AM radio was the option and so only needed a single speaker.

·
Registered
1974 Opel Manta Luxus
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But you can clearly see where the speaker would go. Dead center oval hole with 4 mounting holes surrounding it.
The car probably had the speaker wire in the harness whether or not a radio was installed.
Thanks, mystery solved. Didn’t know that you could get a speaker there. Maybe European ones got them.

·
Opel Key Master
5,277 Posts
That connector doesn’t look correct. Manta didn’t have an option for rear speaker that I know of. That is a bit more modern of a connector having the locking tab. That is the colors for the speaker wire though. And notice the orange dots on both wires, that doesn’t seem to be right for Opel

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts
That connector doesn’t look correct. Manta didn’t have an option for rear speaker that I know of. That is a bit more modern of a connector having the locking tab. That is the colors for the speaker wire though. And notice the orange dots on both wires, that doesn’t seem to be right for Opel
Connector might not look right but that shiny brass doesn't quite look 40 years old either.
Since the OP said the rear shelf had been replaced I think it's plausible that the wire and connector were serviced as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts