Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opeler
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a rocker switch on the lower left of the dash. It is below the air vent. It is black and looks to be the same size as all the switches in the center of the dash, but I didn't measure it. It seems to have 3 positions. You can push it in and it stays in. you can push it down and it stays down. Or you can push it so it sits in the center position. It has some wires attached, but it appears to do nothing that I can observe. It isn't in the owners manual or the shop manual. Anyone else have a rocker switch similar or any ideas? It has no markings on it.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Sounds like a PO installed something. The only thing in the area you are describing is the light for the rear defog. The light only works when the rear defog switch is depressed and the engine is running.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Dan-MI said:
I've got a rocker switch on the lower left of the dash. It is below the air vent. It is black and looks to be the same size as all the switches in the center of the dash, but I didn't measure it. It seems to have 3 positions. You can push it in and it stays in. you can push it down and it stays down. Or you can push it so it sits in the center position. It has some wires attached, but it appears to do nothing that I can observe. It isn't in the owners manual or the shop manual. Anyone else have a rocker switch similar or any ideas? It has no markings on it.
Picture would be nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts