Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Opel Addicts
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I was reading a thread that referenced an oil additive that used nanotechnology to quiet noisy bearings and lubricate engine parts. Supposedly, it fills in worn metal and makes everything work smoother and quieter. I can't find the thread and want to order some of this "miracle-cure".
Can anyone tell me the name of this additive and how I can order it?

Thanks!

Allen and Vickie Gage

· Registered
610 Posts
Recently, I was reading a thread that referenced an oil additive that used nanotechnology to quiet noisy bearings and lubricate engine parts. Supposedly, it fills in worn metal and makes everything work smoother and quieter. I can't find the thread and want to order some of this "miracle-cure".

Thanks!

Allen and Vickie Gage
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN XADO PRODUCTS. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE. Very available thru Amazon, and many other retailers or direct from XADO.

I encourage people to do their own research on XADO products.

· Registered
610 Posts

Thanks!

Allen and Vickie Gage
XADO is NOT a "miracle cure" but if your damage is not severe, it will most defiantly help. Snake oil products advertise "miracle cures" XADO will explain in detail on their website how the process works or will not work.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
If you do a Google search on "nanotech oil additive" you will get any number of hits, many of which seem to repeat claims going back to my youth in the 1960s, starting with STP, and including things like Rislone, Motor Honey (that still exists!), Bardahl, Malco Motor Mender, and various Hastings and Casite products. Many of them promised to stop your smudge-pot from smoking, by freeing up the rings. None of them worked and at least a few could be downright deleterious. I generally trust the company that filled the oil bottle in the first place to have provided the necessary ingredients and in the appropriate proportions.

· Opeler
8 Posts
I agree with wilderbry, the Xado products are a snake oil that really work. We used them for over 15 years in my performance shop. A 1.9 Opel engine with a flickering oil pressure lamp at idle made me a believer. The car had great pressure when driving but on 100+F day after a hard drive the light would flicker, the gauge still showed five pounds of pressure which is fine at idle, but the light was irritating the driver. At the time Xado was brought into the US via Wichita, KS from the Ukraine and the importer had been coming by monthly asking me to try it, I have seen so much snake oil through the years I just kept blowing him off. After visiting with the car’s owner, I pulled the oil gears out of the cover, measured and inspected all parts including back lash and cover to gear fit. Everything was good with just a few slight marks in gears and cover, and it had no other issues. After bringing the oil and car up to temp I added a tube of the Xado red, it wasn’t but 25 miles later no lamp flickered, and the gauge showed a pressure increase. After the 3rd and final tube, one tube every 100 miles to hot engine, it had about 20psi at idle, the high RPM pressure which was fine before only increased about 5psi. The oil on dip stick looked and smelled the same but scared that there was now some thick gooey stuff in the pump I removed the cover and gears to find it perfectly clean, the only visual difference being a slight rainbow color, like a diamond, on the gears and it seemed the slight marks on the gears I could feel less with my fingernail.

So, I started using it in my cars, Opels, Alfas, Lotus, Vette, Jeep ect and that morphed into our clients’ cars along with transmissions and differentials. Overall, we had very positive results and were able to document compression improvements and oil pressure improvements in some vehicles. My lawnmower had a nice difference in wet grass cutting. Some vehicles it wasn’t noticeable, but many were. You just had to try it and see; I never found any downside except you have to pay for the stuff. Older engines, diffs, trans seemed to respond the best I assumed due to higher wear.

With the war the xado price keeps going up, the EX120 group is what we found the best. Their higher priced stuff did not do as well. Most 4 cyl engines require 3 tubes to treat.

· Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,695 Posts
I did some reading on the Xado website, and they say in detail that their product is not an oil additive. Their product uses oil as the carrier but it doesn't alter the chemical composition of the oil itself. So, it might not be a snake oil. Autobob's observations of a rainbow like film on the oil pump gears would fit Xado's description of how the product works. It creates a ceramic / metal coating that Xado calls a cermet coating, which has a "smooth glassy surface" that is similar to a diamond like coating. So, what Autobob saw is this coating once it has happened.

It is entirely possible that someone formulated a way to apply a ceramic coating to mechanical parts, that uses oil as the carrier. If the chemical composition of the product prevents it from breaking down and mixing with an oil, it could be done. Just like oil doesn't mix with water. It's good to be skeptical of such products, because there definitely have been snake oil additives. The only way to know sometimes, is to give a product a chance and then see if there is any change to your engine. Look for evidence of what the company claims.

· Registered
610 Posts
I agree with wilderbry, the Xado products are a snake oil that really work. We used them for over 15 years in my performance shop. A 1.9 Opel engine with a flickering oil pressure lamp at idle made me a believer. The car had great pressure when driving but on 100+F day after a hard drive the light would flicker, the gauge still showed five pounds of pressure which is fine at idle, but the light was irritating the driver. At the time Xado was brought into the US via Wichita, KS from the Ukraine and the importer had been coming by monthly asking me to try it, I have seen so much snake oil through the years I just kept blowing him off. After visiting with the car’s owner, I pulled the oil gears out of the cover, measured and inspected all parts including back lash and cover to gear fit. Everything was good with just a few slight marks in gears and cover, and it had no other issues. After bringing the oil and car up to temp I added a tube of the Xado red, it wasn’t but 25 miles later no lamp flickered, and the gauge showed a pressure increase. After the 3rd and final tube, one tube every 100 miles to hot engine, it had about 20psi at idle, the high RPM pressure which was fine before only increased about 5psi. The oil on dip stick looked and smelled the same but scared that there was now some thick gooey stuff in the pump I removed the cover and gears to find it perfectly clean, the only visual difference being a slight rainbow color, like a diamond, on the gears and it seemed the slight marks on the gears I could feel less with my fingernail.

So, I started using it in my cars, Opels, Alfas, Lotus, Vette, Jeep ect and that morphed into our clients’ cars along with transmissions and differentials. Overall, we had very positive results and were able to document compression improvements and oil pressure improvements in some vehicles. My lawnmower had a nice difference in wet grass cutting. Some vehicles it wasn’t noticeable, but many were. You just had to try it and see; I never found any downside except you have to pay for the stuff. Older engines, diffs, trans seemed to respond the best I assumed due to higher wear.

With the war the xado price keeps going up, the EX120 group is what we found the best. Their higher priced stuff did not do as well. Most 4 cyl engines require 3 tubes to treat.
LOL, well at least SOMEONE got a thumbs up. all I got was a POO POO. LMAO, oh well.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
XADO is NOT a "miracle cure" but if your damage is not severe, it will most defiantly help. Snake oil products advertise "miracle cures" XADO will explain in detail on their website how the process works or will not work.

I just picked up a bottle of the XADO 1 Stage transmission gel-revitalizant for manual transmissions. I didn’t pick up on the favored EX120 being the stuff to order. Wilderbry have you got any experience with this one? Any big differences?
I was still going to proceed & give it a try.
I have to agree here that there’s nothing to lose, all I’m looking for is to quiet down the notoriously noisy 4 speed gearbox, it’s a tiny bit stubborn going into 2nd sometimes, but my old 4 speed was sometimes stubborn going in 3rd sometimes, it was that way for 20+years and never got worse. So it just seems like it’s just a good time to give this stuff a try. I’ve read no negative comments on this product, quite the contrary, people who have actually used this are just sharing their testimonials like on this thread.

I’ll post up here again, if I don’t then that’s because there’s nothing exciting to report.

· Registered
610 Posts
I just picked up a bottle of the XADO 1 Stage transmission gel-revitalizant for manual transmissions. I didn’t pick up on the favored EX120 being the stuff to order. Wilderbry have you got any experience with this one? Any big differences?
I have to agree here that there’s nothing to lose, all I’m looking for is to quiet down the notoriously noisy 4 speed gearbox, it’s a tiny bit stubborn going into 2nd sometimes, but my old 4 speed was sometimes stubborn going in 3rd sometimes, it was that way for 20+years and never got worse. So it just seems like it’s just a good time to give this stuff a try. I’ve read no negative comments on this product, quite the contrary, people who have actually used this are just sharing their testimonials like on this thread.

I’ll post up here again, if I don’t then that’s because there’s nothing exciting to report.
If you got the syringe, break off the plastic ring so you can use the entire syringe. If you got the little squeeze tube, you will need 2 of them. Don't change your oil, just put it in the fill hole. The little squeeze tubes are a PITA, but just get what you can in the hole and put the rest on your finger and wipe off in the fill hole. I have the best luck with the EX120. This is not a dump and "wa-la" product. It takes a little time to do it's thing. My VW bug tranny took a while to quiet down, probably close to 500 miles. So give it a little time.

· Registered
610 Posts

Duh, you said you got the "bottle" my bad. Best to crack the seal, warm up the bottle and shake it up. (tighten the lid before you shake it) you will need a syringe to transfer it from the bottle to the fill hole. Drive the car for at LEAST 15 minutes, longer if it is cold to get the oil in the transmission up to temp. You need 15-20 minutes of drive time after the car is up to operating temp. After that, just drive like normal.

There may be some red or green pellets in the oil, they will dissolve when you warm up the bottle and shake it. The pellets will not reform or come back once the oil is warmed up and mixed in the bottle.

· Registered
610 Posts
If you are having to pull hard to the left on the shifter for going into 2nd or 1st, then you need to adjust the nut on the shifter linkage. This nut prevents you from going into the reverse gear during normal shifting but if it is out of adjustment, it will make you pull on the shifter to the left to get it to go into gear. If it is just grinding or pulling hard up and down, then your syncro is most likely the problem, or the holes on your shifter linkage have gotten egg shaped and the pins that go thru the linkage have gotten a groove worn in them. You will need to weld and re-drill the holes and replace the pins if this is the case.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Duh, you said you got the "bottle" my bad. Best to crack the seal, warm up the bottle and shake it up. (tighten the lid before you shake it) you will need a syringe to transfer it from the bottle to the fill hole. Drive the car for at LEAST 15 minutes, longer if it is cold to get the oil in the transmission up to temp. You need 15-20 minutes of drive time after the car is up to operating temp. After that, just drive like normal.

There may be some red or green pellets in the oil, they will dissolve when you warm up the bottle and shake it. The pellets will not reform or come back once the oil is warmed up and mixed in the bottle.
I want to be careful not to hijak here, keeping it on topic for the additive subject. I think I’ll admit I made a mistake, I’ll eat the 30 bucks & get the EX120. That’s what seems to work best for you guys. Do I need to order more than 1?

· Registered
610 Posts
I want to be careful not to hijak here, keeping it on topic for the additive subject. I think I’ll admit I made a mistake, I’ll eat the 30 bucks & get the EX120. That’s what seems to work best for you guys. Do I need to order more than 1?
No (1) syringe or squeeze tube will do it on the EX120. What you have will work, it just has less of the active properties, so you're going from 100% to 120% if that makes sense. I have used both, but the newer EX120 came in the syringes which made it easier to use.

· Opel Addicts
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all for your help. I haven’t been posting just because I have been so busy with everything else. I am going to try this and hope it helps with some transmission noise issues some of my cars have.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Allen & Vickie Gage

Reactions: Young Gt Lover
1 - 15 of 15 Posts