Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently purchased 6 oil filters (#1364) from NAPA for my '71 GT. When it went in for PA inspection, I asked the mechanic to change the oil and gave him a filter. He tells me the #1364 did not fit, and put on a #1374. The NAPA stores tells me that is the wrong filter and they sold me the correct filter. Has anyone used NAPA filters for a 1.9L automatic and do you remember what number fit? Thanks

11-25-02
Thanks for the great replies. The filters look very similar. The threads are set slightly further from the body of one filter ( I do not remember which was which now). Also the holes around the threads for oil flow were different sizes. Other than that they were very similar. The 1374 seems to be working. I do not know why the mechanic thought the 1364 would not fit? Next time I talk to him I'll ask.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
size does matter

Depending on which cross reference you use in the NAPA catalog, you can actually end-up at either filter, and functionally they are equivalent. The differences are purely dimensional:

1364: OD-3.135", Height-4.967"
1374: OD-2.996", Height-3.529"

The gasket on the 1364 is also slightler larger, but both are within tolerence for the Opel 1.9L.

There are a couple more NAPA filters that would work as well:

1512: OD-2.950", Height-5.842" if you want a little more capacity
1459: OD-3.694", Height-7.010" if you want a lot more capacity and a built-in 7-9psi bypass valve.

Manta guys will prefer the 1374 if they need to go through the hole in the skid plate, but on my Kadett, I'll run any of the filters they have on hand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
By the way what is the function or reason behind tilting the engine to the right makes it look like a broken mount??? inquiring minds want to know...

RITTER

·
Super Moderator
13,818 Posts
It's a 'GT thing', for hood clearance. Other Opel models don't have this severe tilt.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts