Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

My window in my GT was misteriously shattered a few weeks ago. I have been looking and asking every Opel collector (from OGTS, to Opel Jim, Opels Unlimited, all Opel sellers on Ebay, craigslist.org, etc.) that I can find if they have a '73 GT Driver's Door Window that has the factory "bluish green tint" (you can see it if you look at the edge of the window). Please let me know if you have one for sale - I can't drive the GT or put it outside unless I find a good window. I will pay good money for that window. Thanks!

Here are the markings on the window:

DGM4753 VT
DOT - 36 AS2M7
AGREE T.P.G.S.
D142

Paul
[email protected]

·
1,875 Posts
I think all of the older cars glass had the greenish look if you look at the edge of the glass due to imperfections in the glass itself. When you look thru the glass there should be hardly any tint or shade. Nature of glass.

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Got one, maybe more

Paul;
There's one here in GA, but, it's on my nephew's future resto project. I might have another one, but, I need to wait till tomorrow to check it out, and I might know where another one is, but, I have to verify that the door on the 73 GT is a 73 door.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think all of the older cars glass had the greenish look if you look at the edge of the glass due to imperfections in the glass itself. When you look thru the glass there should be hardly any tint or shade. Nature of glass.
Well, what i need is the darker shade of blue/green. I spoke with Gil at OGTS and he said that late '73 (1/73+) have these windows. He thought it was because of the safety standards that the US was imposing in '73. He also mentioned that '71 or '72 GM A/C GT's have these windows fitted at the factory to help keep the car cooler for the a/c. Anyway, he checked out the numbering/lettering with his late '73 GT and it matched. I just want to make sure the windows match each other on my GT.

Paul

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul;
There's one here in GA, but, it's on my nephew's future resto project. I might have another one, but, I need to wait till tomorrow to check it out, and I might know where another one is, but, I have to verify that the door on the 73 GT is a 73 door.
That would be great if you found one! Let me know!

Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paul,

I have a driver's side glass, but I don't think it is tinted. I need to dig it out of storage and get it under good light to check the markings.

It may get you by until you find the tinted version. Perhaps you could have a tinter replicate the shade on a standard side glass?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul,

I have a driver's side glass, but I don't think it is tinted. I need to dig it out of storage and get it under good light to check the markings.

It may get you by until you find the tinted version. Perhaps you could have a tinter replicate the shade on a standard side glass?
I don't think I am explaining this "tint" thing correctly... it's not like its a "grey" tint - like you can get aftermarket these days. It is part of the internal piece of glass (tinting is inside the glass)... when you look at the window from the outside, it's a little difficult to tell the diference, but look at the edge and it's a sea green color. I looked at my other cars' windows and they are not like this... pure white on the edge. I know I might sound a little picky, but somebody's got to have one of these windows out there and I wouldn't mind waiting for a few more weeks or so to get it....

If I can't find it soon, though, I will just get the regular piece... I have been told by OGTS that you can tell the difference when you match up the "untinted" piece with the "tinted" pieces.

Paul

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
Opel werks

Paul, can you check you passenger window for markings on it and send me a PM with the info, I can check my stock to see if any match via that information and if it does it will be $75 plus shipping.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
I have a drivers window with the following specs

SICURSIV
2SC
Tempered
DGM4753 VT
DOT-36 AS2M7
Agree T.P.G.S.
D142

This seems to match your requirement. Please let me know if you are interested. It is a piece of window glass without any attachments. If you need them, let me know.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi -

My window in my GT was misteriously shattered a few weeks ago. I have been looking and asking every Opel collector (from OGTS, to Opel Jim, Opels Unlimited, all Opel sellers on Ebay, craigslist.org, etc.) that I can find if they have a '73 GT Driver's Door Window that has the factory "bluish green tint" (you can see it if you look at the edge of the window). Please let me know if you have one for sale - I can't drive the GT or put it outside unless I find a good window. I will pay good money for that window. Thanks!

Here are the markings on the window:

DGM4753 VT
DOT - 36 AS2M7
AGREE T.P.G.S.
D142

Paul
[email protected]
contact curved glass creations, You can also contact your local glass shop. Tempered glass and laminated can be ordered from most glass shops. I have had glass made for my Bradley and 46 Dodge WC with no problems.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,511 Posts
contact curved glass creations, You can also contact your local glass shop. Tempered glass and laminated can be ordered from most glass shops. I have had glass made for my Bradley and 46 Dodge WC with no problems.
Product Font Communication Device Screenshot Rectangle

Dieter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts