Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roller rockers.

Does anyone out there have a set of the roller rockers from Samdog with the 9mm wide roller tip that will fit the stock Opel valve stems? If so, would you consider a trade for the identical item with the 11/32nd width for a Chevy or Pontiac valve stem.

Thanks,

·
Registered
521 Posts
anastosmotors-

Actually, I need ONE rocker with the 9mm valve tip. I have the press fit type (but would like the clip type). Right now there all just a pile of useless metal to me.

Would you sell one of your press fits?

I seem to have been screwed on this deal. I paid $600 and waited 3 years for Chris to send them and another 3 years while the body/engine were completed.

AND it took 20min to make them all useless when the press fit pin came out on one side of one of the rockers during the inital startup of the motor a few weeks ago. :(

~kyle

·
Registered
862 Posts
i have only the tips. i am using smaller valves so i replace the
tips with smaller ones. i had two sets of roller rocker arms
one set Bob from TGSI stole it from me [ never return 2 years ago]
and the other set has a damage one that either i am going to repair
or i can find another one.
so, i just have tips.
pete

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
ConreroGT said:
anastosmotors-

Actually, I need ONE rocker with the 9mm valve tip. I have the press fit type (but would like the clip type). Right now there all just a pile of useless metal to me.

Kyle, Try Samdog - I am sure he can provide one spare rocker and may be able to supply clip retained roller tips in 9mm. The pins in his rockers are dead on 0.250" in the ones I have so you can check if they will fit your "other supplier" roller rockers. The pins are a slight clearance fit ( 0.001" - 0.0015" ) in the rockers so you may find that you can retro-fit them to your existing rockers.

Worth a try - Gregg is very helpful and the rockers he sells are excellent.

·
Opeler
477 Posts
Hey every one out there,,,,just for the record, I buy batches of rockers from cam effect{ with an untold amount of aggravation }, and I then market them to the Opel community. I don't work for Chris, but I do buy from him. I fully expect my next batch soon....I never like to say this until they are in my hands because cam effects, as a business, is slow. I will keep you posted. Thanks much, Samdog

·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swap

Pete,

All I need are the roller tips for the 9mm Opel valves. I have the smaller tips for the 11/32 GM valves that are on the rockers now. Would you like to trade or, sell the wider tips? Let me know.

I'm in Ohio at the moment, but will be home this weekend. The tips I have are the type that fit on the pin held by the c-clip on the end of the rocker.

Thanks,

·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
9mm roller tips.

Hey Pete,

I finally got to measure one of the pins for the roller rockers. The diameter for the snap ring pins is .250 or 1/4". Package up those 9mm tips to send to Texas. Send me a PM and I'll give you the shipping address.

Thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.