Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to get headliner and windows put in, but I still need the chrome trim for around the quarter windows, as well as chrome trim for around the door window. This is holding me up! Also, if anyone has a dash that is in good shape, I WILL buy!

·
Opel Addicts
2,475 Posts
:) John - just so you are aware, the window trim is polished Aluminum (anodized).

I wish I had some to help, but that is one of those items that should be on our "rarest parts" list!

Allen and Vickie Gage :cool:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
The rear pop out trim is usually messed up by would be thieves over the years but the door trim is easy. Speaking of hard to get, how about window washer nozzles that aren't messed up?

·
GT Owner
392 Posts
nobody said:
The rear pop out trim is usually messed up by would be thieves over the years but the door trim is easy. Speaking of hard to get, how about window washer nozzles that aren't messed up?
Source has reproduction window washer nozzles. (item 12029)

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the passenger pop-out window's chrome trim in decent shape..except, how do i re-polish it? It's all mossy and such..

my biggest concern is the door chrome trim

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Polishing anodized aluminum or stainless is real easy, if you can find it, get some DuPont's #7 rubbing compound, it works great on all polished metal surfaces and won't scratch severely when used with a more than damp and less than wet rag. I use it on all my trim pieces except the plastic chrome trim, on that it will remove the chrome post haste. HTH.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Jon, both sides and all 3 pieces for both?

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nobody, I'm not sure what you mean? If your talking about the doors, then you are correct. Like I said, I have the largest part of the passenger side window, but that is it. Everthing else, I'm still lookin

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
did you get the new window rubber for the door trim piece that runs along the bottom of the window, kinda like a squeegee? if not try to find a set of those trim pieces with good rubber on them.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I have the door chrome but they need the lower wiper from OGTS.

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Jared, not yet..but if I cant find that trim soon, here, I will. Nobody, send me some pictures is possibly, and give me a price for all you got. Thanks

Jon
[email protected]

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
let's see complete doors with keys, blocks, heads, pistons, exhausts, intakes, trannys, trim, fasteners and all of what I got. almost forgot the body panels. Ok 20K for everything less shipping.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
hmmm. if that includes the 2.0 GT and the turbo EFI project I"LL TAKE IT!!! if i had 20K that is

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
no the 2.0 is non negotaible but you could have this really big bottle of aspirin to go with the nitro turbo project.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts