Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help needed for parts

does anybody know where i can get a complete gasket set and possably bearings and ring CHEAPER than OGTS? the second 1.9 i've had in her and she let go today. dad took her to work becasue his truck was down and he comes home and shes knocking. he claimed the oil pressure just jumped up and maxed out then it died so he restarted it and it knocked like that and now the oil pressure bounces all over from 20-40. i only have one good motor left in the pile and i can't just throw motors in it until one holds up it HAS to last so i need to check one out and OGTS wants 125 just for the gasket set. if anybody knows where there is a set cheaper please i'm begging ypi to help me out.. thanks in advance for any input!!!!!!

·
96 Posts
Try on line at napa auto parts,com, auto parts giant.com,search for auto parts suppliers on line I found 1 place does the full set of felpro #fs21139pt , for $83.00 head set for $39.38 You just gotta look around!!!!
Good luck
Webster:)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks webster i'm gonna check that out in..........NOW!!!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i had to take a trip out to the POS and get it......oops i mean the most problematic car......sorry i mean greatest car ever.

·
1,973 Posts
there is the complete gasket set on ebay

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
You're right, the seller's wrong

That's NOT a Opel 1.9 gasket set, no question about it. I don't want to diss other sellers, but to sell parts on eBay, you'd better know exactly what it is you're trying to SELL. It could be a 1.1 set, I don't know; I only sell 1.9 parts. Opelers are a pretty smart group of people--maybe that's why this item, whatever engine it's for, has no bids.

Off the top of my head, 2 eBay sellers who KNOW what they have, and that I've bought from before, are [email protected] and buick32. They both have sold 1.9 gasket sets, and both are solid, professional sellers who won't screw you around.

OK, Matt and Alvin, if you're reading this--you both owe me now.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok seems like i'm finally learning about my car(been around chevys all my life) i'll try to contact the two guys you were revering to maybe they can get me some stuff. thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts