Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
The Young One
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so as some of you know that are following on thread I am putting headers on my opel gt. I took the exhaust off a couple of weeks ago. I also took the intake and the manifold off. My grandpa and I thought the bolts to sperate it were torxes put my grandpa found out they were something different. Sound we buy the $10 bit for it or just drill out the bolt? We aren't resusing the exhaust manifold since I am putting headers on it. AlI need it the intake.

Thanks Sam.

·
Can Opeler
3,937 Posts
Buy the bits. You can usually get them at autozone or oreilly. They are called 12 point or triple square bits.

You need them for exhaust, brake rotors, rear differential, and engine head.

If you ever get a 67 Kadett you’ll need them for half the car. Lol.

·
Über Genius
9,723 Posts
Even with the triple square bit, you're going to break the bolts. Don't sweat it too much. If you're in a hurry, drill them off.

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Super Moderator
14,562 Posts
If you aren’t trying to save the exhaust manifold, then just drill them out. It will save much swearing.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys thanks for the help I think we will drill them out. Hopefully coming up I can get the exhaust done but since I have school I have to only work on it on weekends.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
16,258 Posts
You can also hack saw/cut off wheel the bolts where the exhaust meets the intake. The bottom of the intake is almost 1/4" thick and has some fins to suck up heat, so plenty of room for error. Cast iron is pretty easy to saw through, so if you're going to cut through some of the exhaust or the intake, cut through the exhaust.

And, yeah, you need to get a set of the three triple square bits to do various things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.