Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, everybody!
Can anybody write me the exact dimensions of the Thermostat, so I can buy a new one? (I'm interested mostly in the length in mm) I have a Manta B '79 with injection, and a 2.0l engine. (20E)

The old thermostat was not functioning anymore, I removed it, and after that I had my engine rebuilt (most of the parts are new now). I got rid of the old thermostat, and bought a new one, but this one it's not working, I guess it's a bit longer than my old one, so it can't run properlly. The engine overheats very quick if I put the thermostat. Now I removed it, and I'm running without it, but the cooling is not functioning properly without it.

What I found out is that the injection engine has a different T-stat housing than the carb engine.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
Texas Manta B's

We have a member in our club that has 4 B's and assorted late model Opels with a Conex full of Opel Parts I will email him and see if he has any original T-stats. However I believe that a T-stat from a 75 1.9 would work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks!
The thing is that I already bought 2 T-stats but neither works, and the at the shop I found a catalog with lots ot T-stats but they are given be dimensions. The diameter is same for all but the lenght varies. That's why I need the dimensions.

·
Opeler
42 Posts
T-stat taken from 1.9 will not fit. 2.0E = electronic iniection and has different t-stat case. I have 2 new spare t-stats for 2.0E but trading it to you would be difficult as I live in Poland.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
sorry if im stating the obvious but is it in the right way around?

Attachments

·
88 Posts
Its in correctly

The thermostat has a thing that looks like a copper bullet casing that has the temp sensitive part in it. The bullet part goes down so that it is in the water that is being heated by the head. The little metal arch holds the spring and the end of the travel rod and goes up, away from the head (as seen in the picture you posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
CIH Bosch L/LE FI 180°F/82°C thermostats

Hi, everybody!
Can anybody write me the exact dimensions of the Thermostat, so I can buy a new one? (I'm interested mostly in the length in mm) I have a Manta B '79 with injection, and a 2.0l engine. (20E)

The old thermostat was not functioning anymore, I removed it, and after that I had my engine rebuild (most of the parts are new now). I got rid of the old thermostat, and bought a new one, but this one it's not working, I guess it's a bit longer than my old one, so it can't run properlly. The engine overheats very quick if I put the thermostat. Now I removed it, and I'm running without it, but the cooling is not functioning properly without it.

What I found out is that the injection engine has a different thermo housing than the carb engine.
CIH FI thermostats are "dual element" types and are available at any auto parts store as Stant #29378 ! :yup:

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts