Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Opeler
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have comletely installed a 2.4 engine with the stock Motronic EFI.
Upon the initial start up i could not get a spark from the coil to the dist.cap. I have installed everything correctly (i believe) following the Omega 2.4 wiring diagram. I have 2 computers; with the first computer i got no spark and the fuel pump does not go on when ignition is applied, with the second computer i got ONE spark only and then nothing, nor does the fuel pump come on. I applied direct current to the pump and it works and i also applied current from the pump relay and the pump worked. At terminal #18 and #36 there is 12V, so the computer is receiving power. There is also power at the +15 terminal on the coil when ignition is on but no power to the coil when it is cranking. I am thinking that perhaps the coil is failing? Does anyone know how to check if the crankshaft sensor is working?
Please any insight from someone who knows this system well (Otto?) would be greatly appreciated. I only have the wiring diagram to work with and i do not have the Omega workshop manual (nor do i understand German).
If i take it to my local "German Auto Repair" it will be there for two months and perhaps not get fixed, not to mention a $2,ooo bill. Thanks
Mauri :confused:

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
mauri it sure sounds like its just a sensor or wire problem
last time i had that sort of thing (opel but a 16 valve one)it was the block temp sensor had gone bad so it would crank but do nothing to fire, changed the sensor and drove but its the big changeout roulette game to find them sometimes ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts