Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Weber in my 72 GT, with no user manual or anything. Is there anywhere I can get something that will step me through making the proper carb adjustments?

My stock 1.9 bogs on acceleration and currently idles at 1,700 when in neutral/park. Is high idle common if with an Automatic Tranny?

Thanks, Mark

·
88 Posts
Weber and an automatic

I have a Weber mmanual and it mentions that the 32/36 was also made in a variation specifically for an automatic. The carb had an extra passage that 'dumped' into the bowl on sudden vacuum loss (like when an automatic downshifts and the driver is not on the gas pedal).

I have two automatics with the weber and both are idling at tip-in or they stall every time I go from speed to a stop. Other that that they run fine (and I have looked for vacuum leaks in every possible way except black lights and phosphorus gas).

I still wonder if Im missing a leak but am through removing and regasketing/rebuilding the entire intake and carb.

I have a vacuum guage and dont seem to have low vacuum at idle, but dont know what the spec is. Is 19-20 enough?

·
Opeler
101 Posts
check your dist. vacuum advance for proper operation, open up the dist.
cap and apply vacuum to the advance module, and it should hold vacuum , and if you have a dull module make sure it hook up and working, also make sure your points are set right. the dwell of the points are set by the vacuum and your idle vacuum at sea level should be about 20 in or so. take a timing light and hook it up and see if your timing mark stays steady. well your there use your vacuum gauge and set you carb mixture the highs vacuum..
do all this first before you rip in to your carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts