Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help to assist my hired mechanic. He refuses to use either of the 2 Opel shop manuals I've purchased. Because he is working on my car during his free time he isn't charging me too much (I think?); being female, I could be getting ripped and don't know it :confused: Just looking to ask questions and get second opinion on things he says he needs or wants to do.

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
If you are not comfortable with your mechanic, try another one. It seems odd this person won't use your manuals. Is one of them a Factory Service Manual?

Ask questions and use the search engine on this site. It is very useful.

What type of Opel do you have?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Please feel free to ask away, in the auto repair trade there are some that do take advantage if you don't know first hand what to expect. If you start with the symptoms, there is enough grey matter that frequent this board, you may get an easy solution.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in Corning, AR. Are there any specific parts you're needing? I really don't know what type of mechanic would refuse the assistance of a work manual. Unless you like breaking things, or are a true professional, manuals are a lifesaver; I'd find another mechanic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts