Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in the usa and it is really hard to find parts for my opel. its been in my family and im trying to restore it. so does anybody know an easy way to get parts? maybe a good website or store? i would greatly apreciate the help. im just a 17 year old kid trying to fix my cool opel

·
Non Civilian
2,088 Posts
Wow Dave,
Search is your friend. Have you Googled Opel GT yet? If you have the second hit is Opel GT Source, the best place to buy Opel related parts. Welcome to the group, but you really need to learn to search the site/web.

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
Hi Dave.
Besides the sources allready suggested, here are a few other places I've
bought parts for my Manta from.

Check out: rockauto.com ,Advance Auto and NAPA too. They all still carry some parts for your Manta. So do CarQuest and Autozone. You just have to search your Manta on their web sites.

Another overseas source many of us use and also do group buys from is
Dr. Manta in Germany. Startseite
He carries many items not found new at some of the other sources.

Also it is reported that USA Opels is good to deal with though I havent bought from them yet. USA OPEL

Plus, several members have used parts and parts cars.

Also ebay sellers sell Opel Manta items from time to time.

If you can't find what you need, just post a question and several of us should
have sources to recommend.

Btw. Tell us a bit about "The Blue Crumpet" and Good Opeling!

·
Registered
60 Posts
theres the used stuff forum here i saw and opel gt source. i heared theyre gettn new door panel replacements for sale soon at ogts... i hope.:veryhappy

·
530 Posts
Hey Dave,
I also have a Signal Blue 1974 Manta Rallye, but I bought mine as just a shell and it is awaiting an extensive restoration. It is nowhere near as nice as your Manta, which looks great! You'll find the folks on this site very helpful, and many of us have parts we're willing to share when we know there is a need. In addition to the other suggestions given, you could try listing the specific parts you need in a "wanted" classified ad here on the site, and folks can reply with what they have. Looks like you already have a great start on a nice Opel, with family history to boot!
-Jeff W.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts