Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
self admitted opel addict
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the OGTS rear spoiler LT09...anyone out there have one or at least some experience with this spoiler?? Wondering if it interferes with inserting fuel at all??????? I see it has a cut out, but is there any problems I should know about before making the investment? Any input would be MUCH appreciated.:confused:

·
179 Posts
There is an Opel just down the street from me that has the OGTS spoiler. It does have the cutout but the agle is such that the spoiler gets dinged and nicked with every fillup. The entire car looks great except for the cutout on the spoiler where it gets hit everytime by the fuel nozel. THe lady said if she knew then what she knows now she would not have put that spoiler on the car.

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip!!
Is the angle on the cut out bad enough that a person could not use a cloth or something to protect the spoiler when filling up??? I would not go to this extent for just any car, but, well you know........:D

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
spoiler

there is a lenk spoiler on ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
thats weird that some of you guys have opel down the street or even in your town, I have never seen another opel before other than mine. though people tell me all the time that "I just saw a white one this morning" or "I know a guy and his brother is restoring one" or "In 1980 my neighbor's uncle had 10 of them on the road restored to mint condition"

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Lenk Spoiler

I've got that spoiler on my GT. Actually, it is off right now as I'm in the process of adding a third brake light to it. (Cold weather has slowed this project to almost a stand still.)

The only way I could see that area getting hit every time you fill is if you are not careful. In order to put the fuel pump nozzle in, you come in from the window side, not over the back. The only thing I have found a little precarious is any additives, such as Lead additive. I pour those from the back side, under the spoiler.

The spoiler does not get in the way of any rear view. It is hollow, so there is not much material to work with for modifications.

I like it and it works fine.

You can see it here; http://www.opelgt.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1948&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im with you jordon i live in the san luis valley in colorado wich is like a valley that i 200 miles long and a 100 miles wide andi have, as far as I know one of three opel GT in that whole valley the and other two are leaving or may have already been taken out by the previous owners relation. so its hard to find anyone who wil even help me work on my car:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't really know where In Colorado that is but I live about 30 minuets from the heart of Denver... If you ever come by this way we should go for a ride I know of some fun roads and in the summer we can take our opels up the highest paved road in north America up to the peak of Mount Evens (14,000+)

RMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
well its nice to know there GT owners even in colorado but its going to be awhile before i do any major driving in my opel. :( its just getting ready to travel down that road of complete restoration from the ground up but when im done with my plans i think taking on the highest paved road would be in order:cool:

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
spoiler

what about just leaving the spoiler off...the car in it's original form is so pretty anyway, and putting extra stuff on it will ruin it. if it were me (and it will be once i get to work on my '72) i would spend my money where it counts: brakes, driveline and interior. my vote: leave the car original.

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aww....leave it original he says. Yea, that was my original plan...then something happens...you find after a period of time that you run out of things to fix ,replace or adjust and you think there!! My little jewel is COMPLETE and I am satisfied!! HA! NEVER! You begin to hear your opel calling and you find yourself responding with whatever else you can adorn it with right up until, once again, you are standing with your pockets hanging inside out at your sides.......AM i ADDICTED? Yea, but it's only a problem if I don't know it, right?!:D
Thanks for all the input!!

·
299 Posts
one thing ive always thought about doing to mine gt though it is too late for all of people is to get on of the gas cap recess kits for hot rods and putting that in the back so i could use any spoiler id like and not have fuel fill problems

1 - 12 of 12 Posts