Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Opeler
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Paulie in Atlanta. Last night, my car was robbed and included in the items stolen was my notebook with ALL of my Opel info, where to have stuff done, body ideas, all sorts of stuff.

So, I am asking for a few things...first off, can anyone point me to a good place to go to have my suspension worked on? I had a list...all gone.

Also, anyplace that can re-do the interior and the electical. All gone...

You can imagine that I am pissed as hell and basically want to cause damage to the person who swiped my crap since it is of ZERO use to them.

So if anyone can point me in good directions for stuff like this to be done here in Atlanta, it will save me from having to start all over again.

Thanks fellow Opelers.

Paulie

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sorry to here about that :(

As for the interior I received this from a person at work that restores cars and did a great job for her husband's GTO.

BK&D Custom Interior
(770) 850-0584

I have not used them (not at that point on the restore) but it should give you a starting point. When you call him tell him Bob (owner) that Kevin Smith sent you (Kevin is the husband of one of the folks I work with).

I also have a lead on another person that does the interiors for airplanes at Cobb's airport, I do not have a name or number but I will get for you.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
May they be infested with the fleas of a thousand Camels!

Paulie, From experience, have a search of every trash bin and garden within a couple of hundred yards of where the thievery took place. If it is of no use to them they will have dumped it somewhere close by.
In the front of your new book write: "$50 reward for the return of this book" and the phone number of your local Sherif/Police Precinct. You would be surprised how dumb some of these twerps are ......
Just be glad you still have your Opel and keep a duplicate record of your important stuff from now on!

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Paulie,

I found that Flashback Motorworks in Cumming is the ONLY place competent to do a rewire on a GT. They will do anything. They do full frame up resotrations on everything from Pontiac GTOs to Vintage Ferrari GTO's.

http://www.flashbackmotorworks.com/

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Thom,
Flashback motorworks does not look like they are that far from your place. How reasonable are they on cars restoration??

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Well, from touring their shop with the owner, they are the bomb. They do it right all the way up from the frame. Richard showed me an old GTO that someone took apart 20 years ago and then threw into storage. He fianlly took it to them and said "retore it" and Richard said something about it going to be about $40k. So, depending on the condition of your car, I'd say a GT would easily be between 18 - 30k.

They have one of the most advanced paint booths in the SE U.S. They are going to rewire my car if I can't do it and totally screw it up. He told me $75/hr. Regardless if they don't do anything else, they will be the ones that shoot my car once I get it all primed and ready for paint. I'm guessing I'll spend at least a grand just for that.

·
Opeler
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unbelieveable...I got it all back!!!

Folks, by some stroke of luck, I got all of my crap back from my car being broken into.

A Sanitation Worker found my bag, all the stuff still inside down the street, and put it under my carport. Could not believe it! All of my info and stuff was there and it is a huge load off of my shoulders. Literally about 100 yards away from the house.

A Big thank you for turning me on to FlashMotorWorks. I am going to have to see them very soon as I have been scouring the Atlanta area for someone I would be comfortable using to help me do my stuff. We will have to wait and see how it turns out!

Thanks again folks.

Paulie

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Well, Ill PM you my cell. Call me when you go to flashback, Im only a few minutes from there. Ill show you my pet project and we can talk Opels over a beer.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I just got of the phone with Richard of Flashback motorworks. Very nice guy and is willing to do what is needed to get the car on the road. I explained to him what I needed and he said he has not seen any Opel GTs on the road for year and would love to see one get there so I will be going up some time also to see his place!!

·
Opeler
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flashbacks....

I just talked to a Rich, and then to a guy named Mike....both seem pretty nice but I see a visit up there to make a game plan very soon.

My 71' will not need as much as a full restore, as the engine is bangin', and I will probably do the stuff in stages, but I am excited to finally find a restore place that is nearby and seems reputable.

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Paulie;
Make sure you pay your next garbage bill on time, and slip a little extra in as a "Thank You" ;)
Gene

1 - 12 of 12 Posts