Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,505 Posts
You need to create a For Sale ad in the Classifieds section. Not really any different than any other forum out there in the world ...?

Dieter

·
Über Genius
9,521 Posts
Here's the link

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's the link
You should make a comprehensive list of parts that you have and how much you want for them and as stated before, list it in the classified section. You will get much more out of clean parts, and if you sell them piece by piece rather than as a entire group. Take many pictures of the car inside, outside, under, in front of and behind the wheels, show how complete the car is. Be honest and up front and you can expect a realistic offer. As in other post, DO NOT be offended by what you perceive as a low ball offer. If you cannot get what you want out of the car, sell it off in pieces, you will get your money that way, it just takes longer and a bit more effort.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not sure how this works but if interested e mail [email protected]
My dad has opel he is selling its on offer up 1600 woodburn oregon with many extra parts from another opel too many to.list such as doors glass windows engine stuff hood headlight s
Also, be careful about giving out your email in a public forum. Perhaps a moderator should take off the email listing so he does not get bombarded with spam and spoof emails.

·
Registered
806 Posts
many extra parts from another opel too many to.list
If it's too many for you to bother listing... as the seller ... then it's definitely too many parts for any interested buyer to bother asking you about.

There is not a lineup for random Opel parts.

For example, imagine this ad: "Clothes, many for sale. Too many to list. Email me if you're curious".

No. No one will.

If you want to sell it, then you put the effort in to catalog and price them all out.

Either you do the effort just once, or else everyone will have to repeat the exact same effort over and over again. Which, they won't, so, you'll get zero interest.

Literally every person who's even read this ad will have the same questions: "I might be interested, it depends on what you have, and how much you want for it." Is it fair to get 100 people to ask you those questions? No. So if you want to sell it, actually make a complete ad that someone who is browsing can say "I am interested in that part for that price", else, it's a waste of everyone's time.

I do wonder if the people making these "ads" have ever bought anything in their lives. Would they themselves answer a "too many parts to list, email me if you're interested" ad?

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
854 Posts
Greetings, scm4469 "at" gmail.com - just wanted to wish you well with your pending sell. You have received a lot of good advice from a number of Experienced Opel Professionals that should assist you in the completion of your mission. As they have all advised, some planning early on will pay off in spades down the road even if instead of selling parts you just want to sale the car entire car for 1500.00. Regardless if it is just parts or the whole car - lots of detailed pictures are in order for your perspective buyer to determine the true value of the car. Your audience is very interested in Rust especially under the car around the jacking points. Also detailed pictures under the hood is also a great way for you to display the value of your car. If you will look at other forum threads for cars/parts-cars/or just parts you will quickly get a good idea of what works and what does not work.
Again good luck with your sale as everyone on this forum loves to see a good GT project car go to a good home where it will be well cared for and added to the always increasing herd of GTs populating the lower 48. Looking forward to watching you,"make it happen." Best Regards, Carl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts