Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ooooooner had PM'd me about bringing my Opel bicycle for the display. That's actually a pretty good idea, but I would have to take it in my Ford Escape. Woo-hoo, maybe they'll let me take it out on the track!

:lmao:
You talking about the Opel Bike, right? You could set a speedway speed record! :burnout:

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Still looking for 2 to 3 more great Opel's for the Showcase pavilion at the Fall AutoFair! If you have any questions, please let me know.

The car will need to be at the Speedway from Wednesday through Saturday evening. The reason is that the Speedway needs to car on Wednesday to "stage" the car with lighting, ropes, signage, etc. Then it needs to stay for the paying public. Some of the cars in the Pavilion will be used for advertising on billboards, radio, etc. The Speedway also carries insurance for your car while on their property!

If you have a great Opel and are willing to share with the public in a showcase setting, please consider. I will need to know something pretty soon as the AutoFair planning at the Speedway is well underway. This is a great opportunity for our Opel's to be put on display to the public!

· Senior Contributor
1,573 Posts
Am thinking about showing my Silver/Blue GT at the show. I would need a week off from work in October.
Then would consider getting a trailer, borrrow or rent. as I would not have transportation if my GT locked behind Glass doors.
and then use my truck for transportation. 4 days without a car would be boring, whats are the plans for Opelers staying on Wed. Thurs. Fri. Big Show Sat.? show ends Sunday?

How much of a cut % do I get from the the tracks advertising profits, spam... etc lol :ugh: free rooms :haha:

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Am thinking about showing my Silver/Blue GT at the show. I would need a week off from work in October.
Then would consider getting a trailer, borrrow or rent. as I would not have transportation if my GT locked behind Glass doors.
and then use my truck for transportation. 4 days without a car would be boring, whats are the plans for Opelers staying on Wed. Thurs. Fri. Big Show Sat.? show ends Sunday?

How much of a cut % do I get from the the tracks advertising profits, spam... etc lol :ugh: free rooms :haha:
I'll PM you and we can talk in more detail. But, there is plenty to do around here. Other Opelers will be around, like Gary! I've got an extra car (not an Opel) you can use if needed. We will probably have dinner at my house a couple of evenings. You won't be bored, that's for sure! Most of the Opel people will probably be showing up on Friday with some on Thursday evening.

The show actually ends on Saturday night. The AutoFair is trying a new format and eliminating the Sunday show since most of the vendors and half the cars are gone. So the show cars would need to stay until Saturday evening when the show ends. You can keep the car there until Sunday but will need to be out by noon.

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
When signing up with the AutoFair organizer (on the sheet provided from Roy), make sure to reject (strike out) paragraph 5 of their rules. It is a ridiculous paragraph that would allow them to send you an invoice about any sum of their choice if you are unable to bring your car.

Dieter

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
When signing up with the AutoFair organizer (on the sheet provided from Roy), make sure to reject (strike out) paragraph 5 of their rules. It is a ridiculous paragraph that would allow them to send you an invoice about any sum of their choice if you are unable to bring your car.

Dieter
If you say you are bringing your car and you bring it, no problem. I’m sure if there are extenuating circumstances keeping you from bringing your car at the last minute, I’m sure the AutoFair will understand.
From their point of view, the Showcase Pavilion is a big draw for the paying public! I personally know some of the AutoFair people and they are very understanding and reasonable people. Not showing up after committing to them, just for the hell of it, I can see their point of view. If you get sick, car breaks down, things out of your control, they won’t hold you to that. Besides, I’ll have a few on a waiting list.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Need one more

We are needing one more nice Opel to go into the AutoFair Showcase Pavilion at the 2019 Opel Nationals. The Speedway wants 9 Opels and we have 8 committed.

If you have a real nice Opel that you would like to display at the AutoFair, please contact me ASAP. The dates are October 16th thru the 19th.

· Registered
13 Posts
Trailer parking for 2019 meet in Charlotte

The North Carolina Chevelle Club has an annual car show at Hendrick Motor Sports every year and we stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Concord. There are over 50 trailers out of 100 cars and the motel has room and no problem when we park them at their facility. If ya'll don't have a host motel yet give them a call as they give us a good special event rate. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in Charlotte this year.

1969 El Camino, 427, Pro-Touring

1970 Opel GT, 99% original

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.