1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Any 71-75 Manta/Ascona will work

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Do you need just the motor with the blades or tha whole firewall assembly?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Motor and blades. There is power to mine but it doesn't turn. I found two dryer sheets stuck in the fan. Somebody might have put them in there to keep mice out and forgot they were in there when they turned the blower on.

·
Opeler
292 Posts
Motor and blades. There is power to mine but it doesn't turn. I found two dryer sheets stuck in the fan. Somebody might have put them in there to keep mice out and forgot they were in there when they turned the blower on.
You still need one .?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called OpelGT Source on Friday and they will look for one this week. I will report on their feedback when I get it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talked with OpelGT Source today. They do not have any used fans that still work. They suggested checking the brushes on the motor I have or finding a DC motor shop that might be able to fix mine or find a substitute motor. This will be a winter long process for me as free Opel time will be limited.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I’ve replace the fan/motor with a 12v computer fan on an ascona and it worked well. If you don’t mind a bit of retro fit work and want a readily available blower motor

Reactions: Manta Rallier

·
Opel Addicts
2,472 Posts
If you still need one let me know

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry but I don't need one any more. Thanks for helping out. They are apparently hard to find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts