Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Administrator
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new location for the 2018 NEOC Cabin Fever and B.S. meet.

With the closing of British Beer Company's Walpole site, we will be going to their Worcester pub. Room 101 is reserved for our group on January 27th at 12 noon.

RSVP below.

http://britishbeer.com/location/worcester/

· Super Moderator
15,223 Posts
One to attend.

Reactions: Gary

· Registered
1,129 Posts
One here.

Too bad Spag's isn't still around. It's was right up the street. I bought a lot of the Castrol oil and Fram filters there for my original Manta. I think the oil used to be around $5 for a 24 can case. The only problem was they didn't have shopping carts so you always had an armful waiting to check out.

· Opelnut
969 Posts
???

I am looking forward to the get together. Hope I can bring Rick Miller from All Cape Machine Shop.
Did not know I worked at a machine shop? or is it my duplicate, I wondered where I went LOL LOL

· Opeler
496 Posts
I was not aware that you any my friend are brothers from another mother...good to know.
My Rick built one of my favorite motors back in 1997. It was designed and Ported by Bob LeGere with the machine work at All Cape Machine Shop, Hyannis,Ma. It is a 2.2 block with ported 1.9 Rally Bob head with twin 45's. We dynode this and it made 214hp at the flywheel. It was done right once and it still runs beautifully. It is in a 2dr Ascona.
They are presently building a motor for my Manta. It's a 2.5 block with a 1.9 head and single 45 side draft. Should be fun too.

· Opelnut
969 Posts
I was not aware that you and my friend are brothers from another mother...good to know.
My Rick built one of my favorite motors back in 1997. It was designed and Ported by Bob LeGere with the machine work at All Cape Machine Shop, Hyannis,Ma. It is a 2.2 block with ported 1.9 Rally Bob head with twin 45's. We dynode this and it made 214hp at the flywheel. It was done right once and it still runs beautifully. It is in a 2dr Ascona.
They are presently building a motor for my Manta. It's a 2.5 block with a 1.9 head and single 45 side draft. Should be fun too.
May need to meet my brother from the other mother... LOL LOL and have him build a motor for one of my Gt's... maybe a family discount would be in order LOL LOL

· Opeler
496 Posts
It's not real hard to do. My motor that I am doing now for my Manta is a 2.5 block 10 to 1. The 1.9 head is lightly ported. 8mm stems 1.85/ 1.50. Nice valves lighten up valve train that flow plenty. A single 45 or 48 side draft and you will get a boat load of useable torque and about 150+ or - hp that is a simple proven product. This is more than enough to have lots of reliable FUN.

· Super Moderator
15,223 Posts
Fun day! I counted 14 attending...pretty good for New England in the winter.

Thanks Gary for coordinating this event once again!

Attachments

· Administrator
10,419 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.