Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I am selling my new 2 groove aluminum pulley from the group buy thru Keith a couple years back. $100 shipped continental usa.
I'll take it. Please PM me with method of payment and I'll get it paid and get you the shipping address.

·
Opeler
764 Posts
I have the same pulley for sale. Using a 2.4L, so I don't need it. Never installed. $100 shipped, in the US.

Wes

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
I second Eric, anymore for sale? It looks like First Opel 1981 from Portland, Oregon organized a group buy back in 2017. I wonder if another group buy
could be possible. I would defiantly be interested.
Dan

·
Opel Key Master
5,027 Posts
I am down to 2 pulleys, so I am going to be ordering some soon. I will not be doing a group buy though, the last one took a lot of time, which I do not have much of right now.

The pulleys would not have the 4 holes for the crank trigger wheel, I don't have a need for them, so just left them out because of the extra steps and cost.

The last time I opened up a group buy, I got a whole "zero" people order them. So I continue to order them for my air kits, I will get a few extras this time, but if FirstOpel1981 wants to do the group buy, I have no objections

·
Über Genius
8,967 Posts
I'd do/organize the group buy but I don't have time to source a machinist.

I have time to coordinate sales, collect money, organize shipping, etc. I do that in my evening hours anyhow. The daytime phone calls, especially this time of year, not possible.

It should be noted, though I'm not a jerk about it, I own the design. I don't have a problem with Keith using my design for his purchases.

·
Opel Key Master
5,027 Posts
If me using the design for my personal use was an issue, I thought I technically was partial designer of the double groove pulley, according to the first post where I sent the specs to add to your single groove pulley. Now I feel like I am using some trademarked file? I compared your measurements to verify them and then drew out the spacing for the second groove. Attached is the drawing from the original post.

Attachments

·
Opel Key Master
5,027 Posts
Regardless, I am going to place an order for 10 pulleys at minimum these are going to be without the mounting holes for the ring. If you absolutely need the crank trigger ring holes, let me know how many will be that way. They have to setup to do those separately, and I never had a use for them.
So call them $100 each for the group buy.
Also if you want an aluminum matching water pump pulley that is perfectly spaced out for your alternator to run the outer pulley, and spacer built in for the fan, they are $80.00 each

So FO1981, if you start the thread for group buy, handle the money, and shipping. I will front the order and get them going. And then you can pay for the pulleys people ordered to me.

Pictured are the two pulleys, both hard coat anodized

Attachments

·
Über Genius
8,967 Posts
If me using the design for my personal use was an issue, I thought I technically was partial designer of the double groove pulley, according to the first post where I sent the specs to add to your single groove pulley. Now I feel like I am using some trademarked file? I compared your measurements to verify them and then drew out the spacing for the second groove. Attached is the drawing from the original post.
I agree with you as co designer. As I said, I have no issue with you making the pulleys for yourself.

I'll PM you in a while about deets for making a group buy.

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
You can count me in for both pulleys as well. Also, thanks to both of you for making this happen.
Dan

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm in for a water pump pulley (and fan spacer if that is part of the deal). Already have a 2-groove from the previous run.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Water pump pulley is one piece, and has spacer designed in. This was a must for my kits because there was not a straight pulley I could find in my used stash ever
Looks great!

·
1,584 Posts
I would like 2 W/Pump pulleys, I have the crankshaft pulleys. Send me info. for payment method you would like to use.
John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts