Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original intention was to bring the black 1983 Kadett D Turbo to Carlisle this year (2020), but I could put up a list with a thousand reasons why I won't be able to do so. Since I don't plan on just walking around up there, I need a replacement vehicle, so I'm going to build one. No problem, right now there is still 9 weeks of time left ... :ROFLMAO:
I will bring up the 1986 Rekord E instead, but I promise you that you will not remember it anymore when you see it, although I had it in Carlisle just last year. It will get a complete overhaul. It will have a pretty potent 2.0-16V engine (C20XE) which was formerly installed in my Jägermeister. Back then, I had a dyno report showing 180 HP at the wheels, but now I expect a few more due to the Lexmaul Dual RAM induction that wasn't used on the Jägermeister engine. It will be paired to a Getrag 240 5-speed from a Manta B OHC which I got from Germany last year.
Besides that, I am still looking for the correct wheels, I had found a set of Motegi wheels which ended up to not be available anymore. If anybody knows about any 18x9 4/100 with at least 40mm offset (ET40), or 18x9.5 4/100 with at least ET35, let me know.
I also bought the paint to freshen up the outside, and a few other details which will be needed to make this a success. Yes, of course, this will be another "themed" car, you will see soon in the progress what it might be. Until then, you can always guess what the plans are...

Stay tuned!
Dieter

·
Registered
346 Posts
You don't get out of it that easy, we want to see pics, just like everyone else. Before and after minimum. Even Young Olds posted pictures of his Kadett.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries, I was just sitting at work when I posted the above. Here is the rather tired look of right now.

The license plate needs to go too, and being replaced with something that has to do with the theme. It will start with "P".

Dieter

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
Very nice looking engine, WOW :):):)

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hadn't done anything in the last week, not because I'm lazy or sick, but I was helping my dear in-laws last weekend to get some stuff done.

I had reported in my first post that I'm looking for wheels and can't find anything that fits. Well, I spent a lot of time online, and finally had to take a hit on the possible sizes. Instead of 9" or 9.5" wide wheels, I had to settle on 8.5" wide, and I reduced the tire size from 265/... to 245/40/18 in the front and 245/45/18 in the rear. Wheels (JNC 006 ET35 4x100) and tires should be available by the end of next week.

Dieter

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I just wasted some time since I don't have the tires yet (if my tire store is even open) but I just had to dry-fit the wheels onto the car. I will make a final decision when the tires are mounted, but I think there is still room for ~10 mm of distance disks to get them further out.

Dieter

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sounds like you have a great plan I hope to see the finished car, especially that engine, at Carlisle

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before I call it a (Fri-)day, I just need to share the newest pics of my nearly finished engine. If you still don't know about what to expect to see at Carlisle, the last picture should get you a serious hint!

Enjoy your weekend!

Dieter

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
Nice looking engine Dieter :) Your not going to turn your Opel into a police cruiser are you???

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
Nice looking wheels, but you know you can go to jail for impersonating a police officer 🥴 (I love it)

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your not going to turn your Opel into a police cruiser are you???
Or perhaps it's a "streifenwagen" ?
:)
Or a "Grüne Minna"! :cool: Yes, an 80's style German Police car in their old green/white pattern.

BTW, I need to mention that: This build is in the honor of our late member and my personal friend, Norbert Schnause (norbertone.gt371). I hope you enjoy watching the build from wherever you are, Norbert, and may you always ride shotgun with me!

Dieter

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
Nice tribute, you know Norbert would be enjoying all of this :) God rest his soul

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I started to remove engine parts, the complete FI unit is already out. I might be looking for somebody that has a use for it.
My achievement for today was to pull out the gearbox. Does that not look familiar somehow? I think I might have seen something just like it before, but I cannot wrap my arms around that thought. Any help will be appreciated. Just in case, if I toss it, at least I wanna know what it is that I'm dumping into the container :eek: :ROFLMAO: :devilish: :geek:

Tomorrow, the engine comes out. 2.2 CIH with about 60k miles. Yes, it has been spoken for already.

PS: No worries, the Getrag is planned to go into my Blue Kadett at some time.

Dieter

1 - 20 of 50 Posts