Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1971 GT
635 Posts
Baz - The skin of your teeth must still be sore.

For a neutral, it's a bit sad - and an OG and good Canadian boy sent off to boot :sigh:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,404 Posts
As a Yank and a Wisconsinite, football to me is the Green Bay Packers and some other teams that also play. It took some intense internet research to figure out what the heck you guys were even talking about!

·
boomerang opeler
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
newcastle united , down to coca cola championship :lmao::lmao::lmao:

sunderland stayed in the premiership ( just ) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

for the cousins

this is proper football not with all the padding , my home town and the dreaded enemy 12 mile up the road

think of cowboys and the skins based 12 mile from each other and a NFL conference where the bottom 3 get demoted each year and 3 new teams come in , its that important

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,896 Posts
......for the cousins

this is proper football not with all the padding , my home town and the dreaded enemy 12 mile up the road .......
Oh, I thought you were talking about soccer but you meant rugby,:sigh: there's only one sport for men, and that makes British and American football a game for wimps and cry baby's, try Australian football :yup:

just teasing :joke:

·
boomerang opeler
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no im talking soccer erick

that and rugby are both called football here for some reason !!

·
2,896 Posts

you could have fooled me, correct me if I'm wrong but don't the people in the US talk about american football and soccer seperate and not as one like the British say football for both??

·
1,873 Posts
Green Street Holigans

Anybody see the soccer movie Green Street Holigans? "And stop f***ing callin' it Soccer!"
Real interesting movie with a couple of fights in it!

·
2,896 Posts
:haha: You got me on the wrong lead when you mentioned "this is proper football not with all the padding" I thought you were talking about rugby and American football :yup:

·
Living in the past
2,263 Posts
Soccer & rugby

Soccer being call football makes sense, it is played (about 80-95 percent with their feet) Rugby and Australian football is are in a league of their own with Australian football being really out there. I have watched Australian football off and on for several years and still do not have the faintest idea what they are doing, but the officials with the long coats and their hand signals are the best part of the show to me. Rugby is sorta like american football with out the pads and overhand passing, and what really set them apart is Rugby players eat their dead after the game:lmao:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts