Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
I think $9.95 shipping is a little steep on top of the $25 +....
I agree about the shipping, but when you think about it he is buying the mailing tube and possibly having to deliver the diagram to the PO at today's gas prices. Save money like I did when I bought mine from him, I bought two!

Harold

·
Administrator
10,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think $9.95 shipping is a little steep on top of the $25 +....
True, but if you are having any electrical problems it can be a huge time saver. It is so much clearer than the factory one, the fixes/tips he includes on it are great and it's laminated (must cost several bucks for that) so you can mark it up with a dry erase marker.

·
648 Posts
Besides that, the job he did drawing it is true art.

I have mine in a poster frame hanging on the garage wall!:lmao:

Stays clean that way too.

Jc

·
273 Posts
Why I don

that’s shipping and HANDLING; which includes but is not limited to
$2.11 for Staples mailing tube.
$1.98 (and going up May 12th) Postage
$6.36 for Kinkos to laminate it
gas, ink, paper, and listing fees, and paypal takes 1.5% too. so fees actually are around $12.00 so I eat three bucks. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.
Once you see how much work he has put into the diagram you'll understand why he sounds a little annoyed at people quibbling over his prices. Maybe he should lower his shipping prices and just up his price on the diagram itself. If you do much wiring it's worth the money PERIOD! Now if we could just get him to do one for the Ascona's, Manta's and maybe even one for the Kadett folks.

Harold

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
6-10 bucks is pretty standard for ebay shipping on something that is comparable to a poster.

Just a note, ebay forbids passing paypal fees on to the buyer though a lot of people do it, I wouldn't say that I do it. My shipping is VERY close to actual shipping, no packaging materials, gas, or handling included. I custom cut boxes that I get from my work, and the PO is only about 2 miles from my house, one stop light. People do factor shipping into who they buy from and sometimes will bid less if the shipping is a little higher.

JJ- One question. You used to say that your diagrams came with free tech support from you to help iron out wiring problems. Is that still included because I don't see it in the auction?

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
The alternative is that JJ simply doesn't offer them for sale at all. Last I checked, he was more or less doing this as a hobby and it was contributing to the community by offering this helpful tool to the rest of the group.

If you need the item, buy it. If it makes more sense for you, consider the shipping to be $5 and the item price to be $30.

·
2,054 Posts
If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.
Well stated. I not sure, but I don't seem to recall anyone on this forum having been required to purchase your diagram. Let me know if I'm wrong on this point.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Well stated. I not sure, but I don't seem to recall anyone on this forum having been required to purchase your diagram. Let me know if I'm wrong on this point.
A requirement? Not at all. But it's in the same category of doing a teardown of an engine with only wrenchs, when a ratchet and sockets makes it so much easier and faster. I used JJ's work of art exclusivly when I integrated the V-6 wiring to Willit? After seeing and using it, I became spoiled looking for the clarity and simplicity of his schematic to others I've had to get to finish the integration. I've used his schematic to help others with electrical problems on their cars over the years and I can say without a doubt it is one of the most used tools I have. A little frayed around the edges on both of mine, but still works of art and very functional.

·
2,054 Posts
Namba209,
I was just being facetious about the “requirement”.

Although I haven't purchased one myself, I'm really thinking of doing so. I especially like Nwp61's idea of framing it in the garage.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
No problem, point taken in the context given. I was only extolling the virtues of having one. I've got one in the garage, held to the freezer door with magnetic strips and the other laying up against the wall in the house, just so that when a question comes up about wiring or electrical problems, I can get the info needed without going from one computer to the other. By all means, get one, it has been invaluable to me, for the reasons stated earlier.

·
273 Posts
Phoenix, yes it still comes with free tech support; I will always try to help you solve your electrical problems by phone or email if possible (meaning esp troubleshooting is sometimes tougher that if I were to work on your car myself). So does it really matter if I add to the cost of the Poster and take away the same amount from shipping (and handling); methinks not.

Gary, thanks for the reminder, I should do that one of these days.

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
What year is the diagram specifically for? I know there are some changes between the years.. mainly the early GT's and the 1973's.

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
So does it really matter if I add to the cost of the Poster and take away the same amount from shipping (and handling); methinks not.

Gary, thanks for the reminder, I should do that one of these days.
Your diagram is a good deal no doubt. I purchased several to save on shipping a few years ago and shared them at cost with fellow Opelers at Charlotte. Someone not in the group saw my diagram and wanted to know where I got it from as they wanted one for there non Opel. :lmao: So if JJ wants to go into business making them for other cars he probably could!

JJ by all means advertise your poster and price them where you can make a little. :D

Harold

·
Registered
382 Posts
just an opinion and like everything we all have one....he could put it an PDF file and download for much cheaper price for us if he wanted to. Enough said.

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
just an opinion and like everything we all have one....he could put it an PDF file and download for much cheaper price for us if he wanted to. Enough said.
JJ did the work and has made several revisions and tech tips, this is akin to copyright infringement. I wouldn't dare touch this one with YOUR ten foot pole. SERIOUSLY!!!

Of course we can always tick JJ off and he'll quit making them and then my spare will be worth lots of money!

Harold

1 - 20 of 29 Posts