Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in a casual get-together for drinks, food and bench racing? We haven't done one in a few years...was it Worcester where we once all met for tacos and beers?

·
Opeler
135 Posts
New England BS

Sounds like a great idea, Bob. If we have it in the next couple of weeks i'll drive the Kadett. I'm 20 minutes from Worcester.

BTW, does anyone know who owns the rally-prepared GT that sits in Millbury?

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody heard from Walter lately? I spoke to Travis the other day, he had mentioned he'd like to sit down and have a beer and BS a bit. We could probably get Quagmire and Rick there too.

Gary, do you have any other (better) suggestions for a meeting place? Maybe near Providence? I only mentioned Worcester since we met there once before.

·
Administrator
9,966 Posts
....Gary, do you have any other (better) suggestions for a meeting place? Maybe near Providence? I only mentioned Worcester since we met there once before.
The local watering hole that I frequented (Bugaboo Creek) abruptly closed its doors last week. There are several chain restaurants near interstate 95/195 in the Providence area.

The one we went to in Worcester closed a few years back (shortly after our last meeting...) IIRC we picked that area cuz it was a central location for the people who came.

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The local watering hole that I frequented (Bugaboo Creek) abruptly closed its doors last week. There are several chain restaurants near interstate 95/195 in the Providence area.

The one we went to in Worcester closed a few years back (shortly after our last meeting...) IIRC we picked that area cuz it was a central location for the people who came.
Sadly it's a common occurance these days. A lot of places are closing down even in well-to-do areas.

Got a list of places we can vote on maybe?

·
1000 Post Club
4,100 Posts
Thanks Jeff, but I just double checked my calendar and I have something else on my agenda for that day. :D

Harold
No problem. I was wondering how you were going to do that in a weekend, 2200 miles round trip in 2 days.:banghead: I'm a lot closer and it is tempting, but I think I will pass too.

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That place looks pretty awesome, sounds like a plan!

So...when is everyone available? Dec 5th-10th are out for me, otherwise pretty much anything works.

Saturday or Sunday early afternoon maybe?

·
Senior Contributor
4,879 Posts
I know this is much further South but is anyone interested in doing this thing at Grand Prix New York Grand Prix New York ? Beer, food, & racing.

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Senior Contributor
4,879 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, the holidays are here and things are hectic. I haven't heard any suggestions on a particular weekend to meet yet. Some possibilities below, we need to pick a date and get a head count I guess.

Saturday Dec 4th. (Sunday not an option for me)

Saturday Dec. 11th, or Sunday Dec. 12th

Saturday Dec. 18th, or Sunday Dec. 19th

Or do we wait until January?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts