Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated - 4/12
We will be rolling out three new features over the next week or so that will greatly enhance the benefits of membership to OpelGT.com.

Opelgt.com recently passed the first year mark with the current program set and we will soon exceed 1,000,000 hits. Traffic to the site grows each month and there are now over 1,000 photos in the gallery, close to 7,500 posts and our membership exceeds 1,300!

Thank you to our supporting members who have made donations and made this possible.

I think all will like the new programs. Stay tuned.......

·
102 Posts
Hints???

Are you going to give us any hints or just keep up in suspense?:D

Great job Gary, I personally work in the computer industry and sometimes people take us for granted.

Feel free to give yourself a pat in the back! (PITB!!!) :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah Gary... juicy details are needed but i have a feeling your lips are sealed until release.. :) I dont work in the computer industry but give it four months.. (taking semester 4 of CCNA training) And yes those in the computer industry ARE taken for granted.. but when they are gone... sorely missed :)

just one major question... WTF is a pat IN the back? :) (heh)

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New Features update....

1. - I am debugging a script that will allow members to have their own @opelgt.com email address. The format will be [email protected]. It is a full email program like hotmail or Yahoo that you can set your options and access from your PC or remotely.

2. - I installed a program that will allow you to receive a newsletter style email of all new posts to forums you choose to subscribe to. You will be able to set the number of updates you receive per day.
This is a great feature and will accomodate those members who like the Yahoo Groups style. This site is being moved to a new (and faster) server in order to accomodate this program. It will take a few days to move it and for the IP to resolve before we can start using this.

3. - I am working on modifying a program from the Photo Gallery folks that will allow members to upload articles and product reviews.

4. - I also found a script that will merge all these features on one index style page.

5. - My '69 GT sits on jack stands waiting for me to replace a leaking rear axle seal. :rolleyes:

Now, all I need is more time..........

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
19693SGTEOPEL said:
Do you know if spell check is an option ? for this site ? that would be a nice feature for people with fat thumbs!
Yes, there is an add on spell check option. It is on the list.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Great idea to have spell check. My thumbs aren't so fat, but my fingers sure are. And my brain won't hurt as much trying to figure out some of the words.

Umm. While I'm wishing, how about grammar check? So when Otto looks in, he can't criticise. Or at least quite as much. :)

And if we're "wishing", can the program be designed to put the posts under the correct heading? Or answer a question that has already been answered a hundred time, like that automated stuff we were playing around with last month (which, by the way, I lost the address to, when my PC ate it's OS). Or send a high voltage shock to users that ask the same question under several different headings all at once? Whew, I must have been moderating too much these past few days....

Hey, could the new program teach me how to use the smilies and VB code? I have played around a bit, but I just don't "get" it. I must have a thick brain to go with my thick fingers!

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, Spell check moves up on the list. :D

For the vB code, click on the Help link next to vBCode in the message reply.

Smilies, just click on them and they will be placed in your message.

The FAQ robot still has some bugs in it. But that will be a neat feature.

I've backed up everything and am waiting for the move to the new server. Hope it goes soothly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts