Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting a used 1969 Opel GT for about 1000 bucks. The only thing wrong with it is that it has no floor pans. Could somebody hook me up with a seller, or with a guide/reference to fabricating some. I can't find anything. I appreciate it!
-Chase

·
Administrator
10,117 Posts
Chase - Type in "floor pans" in the search feature. There are a couple of threads on this topic that may answer your question quickly. I think I remember someone using VW bug pans...

Check out the cars inner rockers (particularly if the floors are gone as they are a major structural component).

·
1,287 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly I remember reading floor pans from a '66 Mustang can be made to work and also the VW Bug. Remember to use the search engine., type in mustang or vw floor pans.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,866 Posts
Talk to Jim

Opels USA/Opels Forever operated by Jim, I think, definitely has ones from rust free junkers. He'll ask you how much of them you want: One side ; just the inside the car areas ; wheel well to wheel well including the rockers ; or he'll even cut out the entire floor of the car, hump and all. Figure on paying at least a couple of hundred bucks a side.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I'm getting a used 1969 Opel GT for about 1000 bucks. The only thing wrong with it is that it has no floor pans. Could somebody hook me up with a seller, or with a guide/reference to fabricating some. I can't find anything. I appreciate it!
-Chase
You can use the mustang pans to rebuild the Opel floors with ease. One panel will do the complete floor with lots left over. Just rough in, trim and weld.

Here is an example:

Steel Floor Pans 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 Mustang:eBay Motors (item 200407656492 end time Nov-25-09 10:29:01 PST)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope your right.. I just bought them!!!

I just bought the two mustang floor pans. If your right it will be a huge weight off my to do list. Thanks Doug

·
Opeler
1,128 Posts
I just bought the two mustang floor pans. If your right it will be a huge weight off my to do list. Thanks Doug
Re-read, realized the "two mustang floor pans" you put in your post were not actual links to what you had ordered, just STUPID AD's added by the site because I wasn't logged in. I am assuming you ordered 64-70 floor pans. So removed what I posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts