Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw an ad for a "late 60's opel gt" in collectible parts, search under opel gt. could it be a 68 or 69?? it has pop out windows, so it is probably a 72 or 73, right?? i think it is close to me, so i may go look at it. he wants way too much for it, but it may be worth going to see.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
could be a 71

hey, i saw that and it could of been a 1971 because mine has pop out windows.i dont know much about the history of them, but i say it is a 71 to a 73..... could he of gotten 71-73 windows and put (rigged) them in ??????

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
it also has the same wheels(rims) as mine... mine are stock...

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
heres how i guess years of the GT

68-i guess they have split front bumpers but never seen it.
69-dash indicator lights
70-has the 4 slot steel wheels with the GM emblem on the rear
71-rear signal and tail lights are switched from other years.
72-the manta style wheels without any of the listed features
73-manta style tail lights.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
heres how i guess years of the GT

Close, but no cigar. If you want to ID a GT, go to:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/oana/tech/GTYears.pdf

The '68 (seldom seen) and '69 have the flat rear panel (no license plate indent, with the split front bumper on early '69's as well); they and the early '70 have the rectangular indicator dash lights. And different wiring harnesses.

The '68 to '70 have the four slot wheels. The '71 and '72 have the 8 hole wheels. The '73's have the mag (Manta style) wheels and the Manta tail-lights.

The '71 DOES NOT have reversed tail-lights. Unless the PO did that.

JM2CW

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
seems to me the 71's had the tails on the outside, signal inside. thats the way my 71 one is, and the wiring loom in the back of the car, some of the wiring is too short to put the tail on the inside, signal outside...........idk, odd i guess.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
same details

i have to go with him.... i would have to say it is a 71.... it has every thing mine does, so im saying 71.... i'm sticking to it, unless your lawyer is jhony cockren...hehehehe:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts