Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’ve been l lurking here for the last two months and now I have a few questions. A month ago, I bought the 1972 Opel Ascona 2dr from Kadett that was advertised here. It is a low mileage survivor and really complete car. I still have lots to do, but it now runs and drives, and I couldn’t be happier.

Yesterday I responded to a local CL ad for Opel parts, hoping there might be something there Ascona related. There wasn’t - everything seems to be ’66/'67? Kadett. Anyway, I bought the lot to save it from oblivion. My question is, is anyone here interested in some of these parts?

1. Very nice radiator, no scale
2. Very nice heater core and part of the housing
3. Set of hubcaps
4. Front and rear wheel opening moldings nice
5. Pair headlamp buckets and bright exterior trim (doors)
6. Pair aluminum door sill moldings - 2dr
7. 2 plastic license plate lights, 2 round front under bumper amber lamps assys,
2 curved side marker lamps with amber lenses, one tail lamp housing
8. Two NOS rear brake drums from Germany wrapped in 1985 German newspaper
9. Two NOS Monroe 2134 shock absorbers
10. Air cleaner bottom and top
12. 2 inner and 2 outer plastic front seat sliders? (Similar my Ascona’s)
13. Transmission repair kit with 4 new brass synchronizer stop rings, and a number of what appear to be new gears including cluster gear.
14. A few pieces of misc. exterior trim ?

I’ll skip the Ascona questions for now. If there’s any interest, I’ll take pictures and list the parts in the “For Sale” section. I just had to save this stuff. Thanks for the great site!

·
Opeler
466 Posts
I am interested. Mainly in the license plate lights, those are hard to find. I also may be interested in 1, 6, 8, 9, 13 & 14. Do you know what engine the radiator and trans parts are for? I have a 1.1 litre engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a new windshield (?) gasket while unpacking the boxes. It's supple and still has the original coating of some sort on the rubber. The box just said Kadett windshield. Any ideas on how to identify this as there is no part number. Maybe someone could measure the circumference of a Kadett windshield and let me know? This one measures right around 130". Thanks

·
Opeler
35 Posts
I found a new windshield (?) gasket while unpacking the boxes. It's supple and still has the original coating of some sort on the rubber. The box just said Kadett windshield. Any ideas on how to identify this as there is no part number. Maybe someone could measure the circumference of a Kadett windshield and let me know? This one measures right around 130". Thanks
Prices on parts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is probably the wrong forum for these parts, so I've posted some pictures under the Opel Ad Board. The radiator and transmission repair kit have been sold. I'll be posting more pictures shortly. Thanks to everyone who responded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts