Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Opel enthusiasts,

My name is Tim and I am the owner of a '69 Kadett Rallye which is my pride and joy. It has just been painted and now I am attaching all of the trim. I have rebuilt all of the suspension and the 1.9 engine.

Attachments

·
Opel Key Master
5,027 Posts
Look s good, always great to get another Kadett Rallye out there. What color did you go with? Doesn't look like a Rallye color, but a standard Kadett cream color?
Keith

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kadett Rallye

Welcome to the site. Good looking car you have there. Our Opel club is here in Wichita. We have about 8 active members and between us we have 11-12 GT's and 2-4 Kadetts. Would be great to meet you and see your car. The numbers vary between running cars, in progress cars, and donner cars. ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kieth,
Thanks. The color code is "Sun Yellow" and is the original color of the car. It is a true Rallye car, per the VIN, so maybe it wasn't as common as the other choices. I'm a bit of a purist and wanted it to look original.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BButler,
Thanks. I will definitely keep an eye out for any get together you guys have and make a trip down. I'm looking forward to showing off the car.
Regardless of whether an Opel is a work in progress or fully restored, it's always great to see them on the road. I still need to get my headliner in so I can install the front and rear glass, then I can get the carpet installed. I'm moving from Colorado back to Kansas in two weeks so won't be getting anything done until after the move.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Kadett Rallye. Seems the body is in good condition. That is what we dreaming of in Germany. Here we have always problems with rust.

Greetings, Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been awhile since I've been on this site and thought I'd post an updated pic of the Kadett from the 50th Opel GT run a few years back. My brother's '70 Kadett is in front of mine.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,232 Posts
Very nice Kadett!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, opelbits. I see you are out of St. Louis. Actually, I'm a "Missouri boy" myself having spent my early years in Waynesville, Mo back in the 70's and 80's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts