Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Opelspyder, I don't know why he doesn't pull that off. It was on the car when he bought it several years ago. He plans to have the car restored.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My dad had a 68 Rallye, then a 70 Rallye. Both were gold. That is the ONLY color the local dealer ever ordered the Rallye. For years, i thought it was the only color offered.

I bought the 70 from him when he bought a 72 Manta. I ended up trading it to my youngest brother in 1976. I have no pics of the car during my ownership. The only pics that I am aware of were right after the trade. As you can see, my brother (who was only 16 at the time) was a sailor. Still is. In fact, I would bet the house that he is at the boat club today. I know these were taken in early fall 76 as he totalled the car just a few months later.
opel3.jpg
opel4.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
You know Ron, I am not sure. The pics were taken at my parents' home, and I had moved out two years earlier. Pretty certain that car was not in the neighborhood when I lived there. Dad died in 98, but my Mom still lives in the same house. She is 91 now. Barely has any friends left.

I still have a HUGE soft spot for the gold Rallye cars. I hope I don't run across a deal any time soon, as it would be hard to turn down. I am contemplating getting rid of two or three of my classices right now. Need some room for a 2021 Corvette.... I think. But, I am NOT getting rid of my 1.1 GT.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,232 Posts
Thanks, opelbits. I see you are out of St. Louis. Actually, I'm a "Missouri boy" myself having spent my early years in Waynesville, Mo back in the 70's and 80's.
[/QUOTE
Thanks, opelbits. I see you are out of St. Louis. Actually, I'm a "Missouri boy" myself having spent my early years in Waynesville, Mo back in the 70's and 80's.
Yeah, there's a few of us on this side of the state.

·
Vendor
2,588 Posts
You know Ron, I am not sure. The pics were taken at my parents' home, and I had moved out two years earlier. Pretty certain that car was not in the neighborhood when I lived there. Dad died in 98, but my Mom still lives in the same house. She is 91 now. Barely has any friends left.

I still have a HUGE soft spot for the gold Rallye cars. I hope I don't run across a deal any time soon, as it would be hard to turn down. I am contemplating getting rid of two or three of my classices right now. Need some room for a 2021 Corvette.... I think. But, I am NOT getting rid of my 1.1 GT.
Yes, the gold rallye Kadetts are great looking little cars. I recall a few years back there was someone selling a pair (not twins, but identical cousins if you will) The new Corvette sounds like fun, but I am glad to hear that you are keeping the GT.
Cheers,
Ron in FL

·
Opelnut
933 Posts
hey that the rear of my Gt?? what a fun time that was!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts