Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming soon.

It's being produced by the big Opel GT club in France. They will start printing it soon and are trying to gauge interest outside of France so they can print enough books.

See my Blitz write-up about it here: http://www.kstreetstudio.com/OMC/drafts/Blitz-2021-04-Entraide.pdf

Is there any interest amongst folks here?

Mike

·
Can Opeler
3,757 Posts
Yeah I’d buy it. With how advanced google translates augmented reality function has become on our cell phones I can even read much of it.

Here’s a screen shot on the google translate camera feature in action on a German book. It gets more accurate the closer you move the camera. Works best on individual paragraphs, but here’s an example. It’s readable, but you have to use your brain a bit

You can see that it gets confused on edges of the pages, that’s why I usually do one paragraph at a time.
Even with its flaws. I’m amazed by this tech.
By the way it does this on the fly. You don’t take a photo of the page. You just use your phone like a magnifying glass.

Without translating

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,882 Posts
I think if they were willing to release the book in English too, they would get a lot more orders. Most Germans can actually read English.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,584 Posts
I'm not reading a book by holding a camera over it.
I'm not reading a french book without camera either.

Dieter

·
Opelnut
967 Posts
I to would Like one and would prefer an English version

1 - 11 of 11 Posts