Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Gary, is there a way to put a permanent link to the registry on opelgt.com? Once the thread is gone, it will be a pain to search for the thread and click on the link. Just wondering.

Bob

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gary, is there a way to put a permanent link to the registry on opelgt.com? Once the thread is gone, it will be a pain to search for the thread and click on the link. Just wondering.

Bob
I made the thread a "Sticky" which will keep it at the top of the forum index.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Registry

I finally found a decent program and created a registry database for registering classic Opels.

GT's, Manta's, Ascona's, Kadett's, and Other Opels are in separate tables and the database can be viewed in a grid or gallery format.

Uploading info is easy using the form for your model.

Check it out: Classic Opel Registry - Alt-Opel.US
Gary,
I’ve tried to let others know about the registry and they’ve tried to get registered but the site says they have to download the app. It gives me the same response when I check in to see my registration, you need to download the app. But if I check on my Kadett, it works fine. They download the app and it still tells them they need to download the app. A little help please.
Bruce.

·
Can Opeler
3,318 Posts
Gary,
I’ve tried to let others know about the registry and they’ve tried to get registered but the site says they have to download the app. It gives me the same response when I check in to see my registration, you need to download the app. But if I check on my Kadett, it works fine. They download the app and it still tells them they need to download the app. A little help please.
Bruce.
I wouldn’t recommend doing it on mobile anyway. There is a lot of info to put in and it’s a little tough to navigate on mobile. Can you do it on a desktop by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Gary,
Bruce.
Bruce,
Is it the Alt-Opel site or the database site that is looking for the app download? I tried it on my phone using google search and was able to go to the form without any problem.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I’ve already registered both my GT and My Kadett. If I go to the website and check on others in the Kadett registry, everything works as advertised. I see the four Kadett entry’s. When I try to see the GT registrations, the site tell me I have to download the app. I already downloaded the app and registered my GT. Shouldn’t be getting a message that tells me to download the app again. Several others in our club tried to register their GT’s and were instructed to download the app. They did and still get the notice to download the app. How do you get past that ?

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I’ve already registered both my GT and My Kadett. If I go to the website and check on others in the Kadett registry, everything works as advertised. I see the four Kadett entry’s. When I try to see the GT registrations, the site tell me I have to download the app. I already downloaded the app and registered my GT. Shouldn’t be getting a message that tells me to download the app again. Several others in our club tried to register their GT’s and were instructed to download the app. They did and still get the notice to download the app. How do you get past that ?
Thanks, I'll look into it.

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
When I access it through my phone, it currently defaults to the GT view. The "Sign Up" link takes you to the database site where you can create new databases (basically an ad for them). That link can be removed in their "Premium" version. (I'm not ready to spend that $$ yet)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll make a few changes and see if that works around it and the "App" request.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Issue with adding my Kadett.. too old?

I finally found a decent program and created a registry database for registering classic Opels. ...

Uploading info is easy using the form for your model.

Check it out: Classic Opel Registry - Alt-Opel.US
I went to this URL and wanted to add my 1964 Opel Kadett "A" but there was no option for that year nor would it allow me to make the year. Do you know who I would talk to about that? It would make mine the oldest one (out of 4 Kadett's registered)

eX

·
Senior Contributor
4,976 Posts
Just added my GT and it worked great. I need to add a little info that I didn't have on hand like the VIN.

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just added my GT and it worked great. I need to add a little info that I didn't have on hand like the VIN.
PM any updates or edits to me. That program does not allow updates to individual records.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts