Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time owner of a GT though my dad had one when i was a kid.
Was looking at all the awesome guages and switches when i noticed this pedal. Though it was hi/lo headlights but i think my turn signal pulls for that, not sure.

Whats the mysterious pedal which im sure you all know what it is.

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts
intermittent windshield wiper (when the pump isn't working)

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,409 Posts
forth pedal on the floor

A few years ago, at a car show, a lady came up to me and said she has one of these
(an Opel GT) cars in her garage and her husband is making a race car out of it.
She went on and on about their car and finally mentioned the racing pedal. I halted her
and asked,"What's the racing pedal" . You know the 4th pedal on the floor. The gas pedal
the brake pedal, the clutch pedal and the racing pedal. I never did get to meet her
husband.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,345 Posts
Ha! The Racing Pedal! That's a good one! Ha!

Quit pulling his leg guys!

Oily Inside, that pedal is actually the Voice Command Windshield Wiper Actuator.

It's for impressing hot chicks.

First, get a hot chick to sit in your car. For some Opelers, this may require $$$. Start driving and begin lying, I mean telling, the hot chick that Opels were custom made by Ferrari for movie stars and billionaires. Notice how she moves her hand from the door latch lever to your.........lap. Then you spring it on her:

"Yeah, and it's even got voice actuated windshield wipers!"

Demonstrate this by saying "Wipe!" and then sneakily push the pedal on the floor. Watch as the hot chick's normally glazed eyes pop open in amazement as the wiper smears dead bugs and bird shiite across the glass! Notice how the hot chick slides over to your side of her seat and she moves her hand from your lap to.............the hair behind your ear and starts twirling it with her finger. "Now you try" you say. "Wipe!" she says and observes that nothing happens. Slyly smile and say "It's keyed to my voice, it'll only work for me!". Notice how she turns slightly so that you can see her breasts better. "Let's program YOUR voice into it, okay?" you say. Her breasts are now hovering over the parking brake lever(or actually laying on the parking brake lever, if you got a REALLY hot chick). "Say 'Wipe' into the microphone" and point to the Racer's Stick Shift(the headlight handle). Try not to get too excited as her breasts flop onto your lap as she tries to squeeze her head between the steering wheel and the stick shift so she can talk to your headlight handle.

You'll have to take it from there..........

:veryhappy

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts

Oily Inside, that pedal is actually the Voice Command Windshield Wiper Actuator.

First, get a hot chick to sit in your car. For some Opelers, this may require $$$. Start driving and begin lying, I mean telling, the hot chick that Opels were custom made by Ferrari for movie stars and billionaires. Notice how she moves her hand from the door latch lever to your.........lap. Then you spring it on her:

Demonstrate this by saying "Wipe!" and then sneakily push the pedal on the floor. Watch as the hot chick's normally glazed eyes pop open in amazement as the wiper smears dead bugs and bird shiite across the glass! Notice how the hot chick slides over to your side of her seat and she moves her hand from your lap to.............the hair behind your ear and starts twirling it with her finger. "Now you try" you say. "Wipe!" she says and observes that nothing happens. Slyly smile and say "It's keyed to my voice, it'll only work for me!". Notice how she turns slightly so that you can see her breasts better. "Let's program YOUR voice into it, okay?" you say. Her breasts are now hovering over the parking brake lever(or actually laying on the parking brake lever, if you got a REALLY hot chick). "Say 'Wipe' into the microphone" and point to the Racer's Stick Shift(the headlight handle). Try not to get too excited as her breasts flop onto your lap as she tries to squeeze her head between the steering wheel and the stick shift so she can talk to your headlight handle.

I'm sorry Gordo but either you've never been in an Opel or you've never seen a real woman.
There's no "side" of a seat in an Opel for a human being. You are either in it or you aren't.
To lean down to speak into the headlight handle the woman would have to, either, be 2' 7" tall or be built without a spine.
And, lest we forget that her breasts couldn't be laying on the parking lever unless her head was somewhere near the floor behind the driver seat. :p

But the voice activated trick DOES work.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Try not to get too excited as her breasts flop onto your lap as she tries to squeeze her head between the steering wheel and the stick shift so she can talk to your headlight handle.

Don't forget the lube...
My personal favorite

·
Registered
214 Posts

Ah, you definitely have an imagination! lol

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Not a GT, but I had an electric fuel pump in 74 R.R. with a switch on the lower left side of my steering column. The past time of choice for country folk like myself back then was driving out to the middle of no where to drink and party. Sometimes one could bump said button and, ooops, "my gas gauge must be bad, we are outta gas. What should we do now?":cool:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Why pick apart Gordo's great dream....It almost seemed real.... By the way when when I got my first GT there was a side to each of the seats. I weighed 135 and she was 98.
Ah well, I'm about to comment on a thread that was started in 2016. Ok I guess no one here had a Manta. There is room enough to climb over the transmission and get her to put her feet on the dash. :yup:. That folks will be enough to end this conversation. I will leave it up to your imagination to finish the story, just don't forget the foggy windows. My wife and I did a lot of ''courting" in my Mante Rallye. I "courted" a lot of women before her in my Rallye too. It works, trust me.:yup: take care, Jarrell

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Not a GT, but I had an electric fuel pump in 74 R.R. with a switch on the lower left side of my steering column. The past time of choice for country folk like myself back then was driving out to the middle of no where to drink and party. Sometimes one could bump said button and, ooops, "my gas gauge must be bad, we are outta gas. What should we do now?":cool:
There was an area in my "home" town in Kansas that we used to call "The Here After". When you got there you would whisper to your date, "This is it, The Here After ...". When your date inquired about it, the response was "If you are not Here After, what I am Here After, you will be Here, After I'm gone!" Never worked for me!

Doug

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
you mean to tell me the 4th pedal isn't for the super turbo chargers engagement?
Well crap that's the only reason I bought the Gt:yup:
P.S. where are these turbos hidden anyway can't find em to save my life:no:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts