Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Green

Votes: 5 11.9%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Austin Burkhardt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright everybody, remember me, the guy with the recently found gt in the junkyard, well i went ahead and bought it, now i need some imput, especially on the color choices. so i'm going to place a poll and you can decide what you think would look best, now remember, before we pick a color keep in mind that I will be putting digital readout gauges in it which have a blue led readout. Also the interior color will be black, so heres the poll, what color do you think would look best, if you dont see the color you would go for please post it in a reply thanks also something else i forgot to mention was that i will be putting black five spoke wheels on it with a blue/red (depends on color of the car) outer ring, here is a pic of them

This is what i would like it to look like with the blue wheels, but, I am still open to your opinions

(IT SHOWS BOTH BLUE AND RED WHEELS FOR COMPARISON)

·
Registered
94 Posts
well, i vote blue but i always liked a very dark blue. but i also am going to paint my 90 Dodge d150 Deep Amethyst pearl which is a late 90's Durango purple color. so i guess i'm little toward the odd side. it probably comes from my youth when i had a purple and black 1970 340 duster that pushed out over 400hp.

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
I'm partial to blue. There are so few black GTs out there. Yellow is a great color but only slightly less common than orange or red. Green doesn't see a lot of GTs.

·
UngerDog
1,304 Posts
I vote no more paint polls. Just paint it what ever color you want. It will look great in any color. However, if you go with the original color, areas that are hard to get to and paint won't stand out and the total job will look better.
Jerry

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
2009 Porsche Cayman 'Aqua Blue'
or
2004-2008 Subaru STi Blue (i believe) 'Rallye Blue Pearl'

·
Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
I vote no more paint polls. Just paint it what ever color you want. It will look great in any color. However, if you go with the original color, areas that are hard to get to and paint won't stand out and the total job will look better.
Jerry
I agree. It's like taking a poll for what shoe size to buy: How the heck do WE know what fits? Buy a pair (or pick a colour) that fits you and feels good:yup:

·
Austin Burkhardt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Color Combo

Thanks for everyones imput, i do think that I am going to take some advice that i heard from a few of you, I am going with my original idea, Black, with blue accents, and on that subject, I also had a clever idea of putting blue accent stiching and bindings on the interior, with complementary blue inserts on the door panels, and maybe even some blue neon to go under it

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts

This is what i would like it to look like with the blue wheels
That's not an Opel :p

My opinion is work on the car and not to worry about the colors right now. I couldn't really tell how solid that junkyard GT was, but I guarantee your a long ways away from painting!

·
Austin Burkhardt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not an Opel :p

My opinion is work on the car and not to worry about the colors right now. I couldn't really tell how solid that junkyard GT was, but I guarantee your a long ways away from painting!
I'm well aware thats not an opel, its a 1970 covette stingray, they dont make wheel visualizers with opel gts on them. the covette was the closest thing to it.

·
1000 Post Club
4,110 Posts
This has been said before. Make the car safe first. Work on the mechanical aspects of the car before worring about colors and wheels.

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
What you should do first is post some pictures of the car. Pictures will draw attention to the thread, and maybe you can get some opinions from others that will help.

Next, why not narrow it down to 2-3 color choices, then post a poll. That way, you don't get 1-2 votes for each color and leave you stuck in the same situation.

Something that helped me with my color choice was deciding on the interior color first. There are a lot more paint colors then there are interior colors. If you go with black inside, your color options are endless. If you like the tan interior, there are only a select few colors that would look good.

Do you plan on keeping the body stock or adding a body kit? Take a look around the member photo's for a few hours and get some ideas.

It's YOUR car so do what YOU want with it man!

·
Opels Forever
102 Posts
Deep Amethyst pearl

well, i vote blue but i always liked a very dark blue. but i also am going to paint my 90 Dodge d150 Deep Amethyst pearl which is a late 90's Durango purple color. so i guess i'm little toward the odd side. it probably comes from my youth when i had a purple and black 1970 340 duster that pushed out over 400hp.
I had a 2000 Dodge Neon in that color and it's really nice. It looks like midnight blue at first glance but has a subtle violet hue.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I totally agree with Jeff(Jlthunder) make it mechanically sound first then worry about paint...took me 9 months till paint on my GT...mine wasn't junkyard find either....you got a long way to go dude....but hey were here to help....you got the best here on this forum to guide ya...real pros here...they have been there done that....you will end up with cherry im sure....just my .02 worth

SteveGT

·
Super Moderator
8,176 Posts
Jerry
Atta boy, Jerry! Unless I decide to do one and then it'll be okay, just that one time. :lmao:

Harold

·
Opel Key Master
5,135 Posts
Polls

Okay, I have to come out and say this. When you first arrived you had 4 new threads and a poll on if you should buy that car. I think most of us agreed that it was far too rough, and you could find nicer for the same money.....you didn't like the advice of the majority as you still bought the car. So why do you think our choice of colors is really going to matter to you either. I guess in life you have to stand up and make your own desicions. Paint it what you want.
Also only if you know the mechanical to that car inside and out, would I ever consider painting the car first. Although I think without a good body, its hard to have much else. I think the number one part that has to be good on a car is the body, because it can be the number one cost of a project. Also if money is put towards the body shell, and you get the car into paint...you are more likely to finish the car.

But starting out-you better get it running, do not paint anything, and try to drive it. See if it is what you really like. Honestly I never rode in an Opel until I built my first one. And both my Grandfather and Dad had Opels.
Keith

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Thanks Opelspyder
That is exactly what I was trying to say in my sarcastic way. You did it better. :cool:

·
Austin Burkhardt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the car

like you said i did go against the majority and bought the car, the body is really pretty solid, passenger side floor pan has the worst rot and the channels on both sides are still solid and unrotted, its has a few pieces missing, i posted another thread in general disscussions (http://www.opelgt.com/forums/general-discussions/21852-parts-needed.html) about needing parts please refer to it if you have a parts car with any of these item on it that you dont need, also as far as paint goes, my final decision is to go all original with a red basecoat and black interior, no customs. so really this is an invalid thread anymore, ive already made up my mind about the color, i do thank everybody for their imput and ideas though

Thanks,

Austin

·
Opel Key Master
5,135 Posts
I am not trying to be an [email protected]@ to you, and I am sorry if it came off like that. I am glad you got an Opel, it means the possibility that one more may be back on the road before the end of our lifetime. Its just funny how you seemed to want everyones opinion, when you already knew what you were going to do each time. Maybe you wanted us to talk you into it quicker, or do a better job of talking you out of it. Anyways I have a lot of the parts you listed that you wanted, but I have had troubles now for a couple years emailing through this site. You can email me at keithlundholm(at)yahoo.com and I will be glad to help you with whatever you need, and advise.
Keith

1 - 20 of 22 Posts