Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Nice looking wheels Stanley, might I ask what size you chose? And they 'look' lightweight, judging by the size of the spokes. Nice choice. Is the car being lowered any? Just curious....

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going with a 15" rim w/ 205/55 tire. I dont believe they are light weight rims and I did not lower the car. Everything except for the body kit and rims are still near original. I didnt do anything to modify the engine or the interior but I havent started working on the inside yet. I may customize it a little.

Thanks,
Stanley

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Stanley - those rims look GREAT! What brand, where did you get them and how much cabbage did it take?

I have a set of old American Racing wheels that I'm going to put on Vickie's car, but those are really sweet!

I can't wait to see a picture of them on your car. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well......I called Victorica Tires today and was told my rim I wanted wasnt going to work on my car and the salesman was not very helpful trying to look up something for me. So I called www.tirerack.com and they were alot more helpful with me.
Here is a photo of one the rims I purchased today. I'll send photos when they arrive and I put on the car.

Thanks,
Stanley

Attachments

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New rims and tires are on !!!!!!!

Look at the new photos just upload in the gallery under
Stanley's 69 Restoration.
New rims and tires photos.
Front end and rear end photos.

Thanks,
Stanley P

·
Registered
67 Posts
So, what will you take for that car?

*****Highest possible compliment, above. Your work is paying off, Stanley. Proud to say that's the 4-speed (pre-Getrag) from my '73 DD behind your 1.9. A lot of time, a lot of money, sure, but look what you have when you're done . . . ALL worth it, isn't it? Prediction: You'll get more attention, driving that GT, than any "hot" 4-cylinder import in Kentucky. A good Opel GT knocks them DEAD. ;) The fun, for you, is about to begin.

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark,

I can't wait to try out that transmission and If you could have been here when I was trying to get a rusted bolt out of the frontend I would have given you this car........Everything on the frontend came out with no problems but ONE bolt and it took me half a day to get the thing out (had to drill it out, German bolts are hard). I still have some wiring to do, interior to put back in and some engine parts to put on. After all of that I'll be looking for a really nice sound system.

Thanks,
Stanley

·
Opeler
30 Posts
:D ROFL!!! Honestly no offense meant, your car is looking great, I wish I had the space to take mine out of storage and get to work on it. Hopefully next year.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You have one incredible GT!! I hope that my little project will reach that level some day. Just out of curiousity, are those american racing wheels? Could you pass along where you got them to a fellow GT'er? I've been trying to decide on a set of wheels for my '70 GT, but I have run into some problems finding anywhere that can get wheels with the GT bolt pattern. I'd appreciate the info greatly. Once again, very nice looking GT!!
Thanks,
John

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John,

I ordered these tires and rims from www.tirerack.com
Rims were $115 each.
Tires were $96 each.
The bolt pattern or PCD (pitch circle diameter) is 4x100 for
typical Opels. But what I found out from the mail order companys is they wont sell you anything that is not for the Opel GT.
Just remember that a 77-81 BMW 320i has the same bolt pattern and offset that will work on a GT. That is the only way the saleman would sell me a set of tire if it was for a BMW.

Thanks,
Stanley

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had seen where the BMW 320i had the same bolt pattern an correct offset for the GT, but was not sure if this was true. That opens a lot more options for wheel choices.

Thanks again, John

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Hey Stanley P.

Good job on your wheel selection I'm sure they will make your car very sexy!!!
I would love to see pictures of your car after you install that rim and tire combo.....please. Reason??? I have a set of Bf Goodrich Eagles 205 55 r15, and I was thinking of using them on my opel gt. (All a need is a set of yet to be determented 15 inch rims).My fear is that a 55 series tire might be too tall for an opel considering opelgtsource suggest 50 series on 15 inch rims. Considering your thinking of the same set up it would help me in finding out what works and what doesn't work so well. (I'm sure your car will look fine I'm just obsessive compulsive). Thanks................ :)

·
Super Moderator
5,804 Posts
Hey Stanley P.

Good job on your wheel selection I'm sure they will make your car very sexy!!!
I would love to see pictures of your car after you install that rim and tire combo.....please.
Um, this thread is almost seven (7!) years old. Stanley sold that car, what, four years ago? But IIRC, if you look at his photo gallery, there are photos of his blue GT with those wheels.

HTH

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Oops ,I didn't even look at the year of the thread......
That's embarrassing.......................thanks anyways....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts