Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The makers of the forum software this site runs on will be releasing a major upgrade in a couple of months. Many improvements and new features will now be part of the core program. The main page and forum homepage will have a new look and color. (See attachment)

I'm looking for a new OpelGT.com/The Classic Opel Community logo that will reside at the top of each page. My time is kinda tight right now and I'd rather not spend it re-learning Fireworks. I know we have several creative members who are much more adept with graphics program than I am so I'm asking if anyone is willing to give it a shot to contact me. Compensation will be in the form of a big thank you and the satisfaction of seeing your work displayed here.

Attachments

·
Opels Forever
102 Posts
Maybe Phoenix would be interested in reworking this layout that he created to suit the homepage?

Attachments

·
1000 Post Club
4,102 Posts
I personnaly like to see pictures of real cars at the header instead of a drawing. Drawings look better on decals and T-shirts. Just my 0.02.

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
I'll have to go along with Jeff about a picture or pictures of real cars. Drawings might be okay for those of us who know about Opels but what about those that accidently stumble onto this site. I think real pictures or possibly a good line drawing would be more likely to draw them in to look at the neat cars that we have.

Harold

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
part shaven interwebers?

:D
:haha: You got Harold!

I agree - there should be real cars in the logo. I think a survey of other car sites might be a good idea. The Solstice forum had a big contest a year or two ago with scores of submissions and then a forum member vote to select the top three followed by a selection of those by a panel as I recall. It was a very elaborate process and took quite a while (I'm not recommending that process here). However, I like what came out of it. The G8 forum logo is pretty basic and to the point as well and really tells you what the forum is about. Notice that they use a tag line like Tony included in his artwork "It's all about the ride"... I like that idea. These are just a couple I happen to frequent - other members here can probably link to some they like from other sites they visit and then we can discuss. JMTCW...

Matt

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
Gary, can we skin the buttons, too? Is everything in the grey header section made up of sliced up graphics?

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
part shaven interwebers?

:D
Yep. What's the problem? Who thought they were correcting me? Alright, I deserved that one. :aargh4:

Harold

P.S. Baz, That post was made while I was taking a break from working on a tractor made in England with only 450 hours on it. Electrical problems wouldn't you know it. :shocked:

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
:haha: You got Harold!

I agree - there should be real cars in the logo. I think a survey of other car sites might be a good idea. The Solstice forum had a big contest a year or two ago with scores of submissions and then a forum member vote to select the top three followed by a selection of those by a panel as I recall. It was a very elaborate process and took quite a while (I'm not recommending that process here). However, I like what came out of it. The G8 forum logo is pretty basic and to the point as well and really tells you what the forum is about. Notice that they use a tag line like Tony included in his artwork "It's all about the ride"... I like that idea. These are just a couple I happen to frequent - other members here can probably link to some they like from other sites they visit and then we can discuss. JMTCW...

Matt
"It's all about the ride" was actually Cliff Carlson's tagline.

I had worked on a logo that used pics of real cars shown through the letters of OPELGT.COM. Tried to represent all the models as well as throw in some modified cars and racing cars to give a good variety. I can work on a few other things as well as see if I can dig up that piece.

·
Administrator
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gary, can we skin the buttons, too? Is everything in the grey header section made up of sliced up graphics?
That screen shot attachment was taken from their demo site. Not sure of the details, but int he past the logo header was pretty customizable as you can see in the solstice forum link that Matt added. Everything is open game and I can always add links to the buttons. The attachment was mainly for color matching of the rest of the page. (but that can be altered also) :yup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
maybe?

Maybe these will help? Since the general consensus seems to be shots of actual cars, rather than drawings. If anyone can cut the cars out, or maybe utilize the pics as is, but put the opel logo and "the classic opel community" over them in white... I don't have photoshop, otherwise, I could have done it myself... I really like the look of black and white against the blue.

Attachments

·
1000 Post Club
4,102 Posts
Very Nice. The only thing I'd change is the speedometer in the background. I'd change it to an Opel version (GT, Manta, etc)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts