Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,896 Posts
I agree with kwilford, but it doesn't have to be a station wagon/sport wagon, or just use the front side of the car jmtcw

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I personally like it a lot but I have one question. What the heck is that orange car?????? It has some similar lines to a GT but the hood, wiper set up, rear window, and front headlight corner look very different. . Kinda looks like one of the early Concept GTs.

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
I personally like it a lot but I have one question. What the heck is that orange car?????? It has some similar lines to a GT but the hood, wiper set up, rear window, and front headlight corner look very different. . Kinda looks like one of the early Concept GTs.
The orange GT in the new logo is indeed the 1965 GT prototype. You may have seen a few b/w pics of it, but, it's orange in color.Google/Wiki the Opel GT and you should come across a few pics.
Harold

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
Now that the new OGT.com vBulletin version is up and running, I see that we have a new masthead. I really like it, except I would LOVE to see an Ascona, preferably a SportWagon, in amongst the GT's (stock, Aero and prototype), the Kadett Rallye and the Manta
I was looking for the right picture of an Ascona wagon to incorporate—honestly! The ones which I found weren't angled correctly and didn't work (Kadett wagon photos are far more plentiful). Shoot me a few Ascona wagon pics which match the Rallye and Manta ones, and I'll update the masthead when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Thank You!

·
Super Moderator
9,666 Posts
I was looking for the right picture of an Ascona wagon to incorporate—honestly! The ones which I found weren't angled correctly and didn't work (Kadett wagon photos are far more plentiful). Shoot me a few Ascona wagon pics which match the Rallye and Manta ones, and I'll update the masthead when I get a chance.
What angle do you want for a Ascona Wagon? If not look here at this site:Opel Ascona A Page

·
1000 Post Club
4,102 Posts
I use my company computer so I'm not getting all of the upgrades. They use Microsoft Internet Explorer, Version 6.0.2900.5512. The Home page shows things written on top of one another. No Cars in the banner.

Is there anything I can do or just wait until my company updates their Internet Explorer. I can still get to the threads so not all is lost.

Jeff

·
New/Old Owner 1973 GT
860 Posts
Same here at work. You work for the government?:D

Jim :cool:

I use my company computer so I'm not getting all of the upgrades. They use Microsoft Internet Explorer, Version 6.0.2900.5512. The Home page shows things written on top of one another. No Cars in the banner.

Is there anything I can do or just wait until my company updates their Internet Explorer. I can still get to the threads so not all is lost.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts

Jeff
I'm in the same boat. Overlapping frames, no images in the header, very difficult to read. Prime reason I haven't been on here lately, it hurts my eyes too much! I can't upgrade IE either unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
13,361 Posts
Walter I have some in my Flickr account you're welcome to use.

Red wagon - a set on Flickr

·
boomerang opeler
5,626 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Overlapping frames, no images in the header, very difficult to read. Prime reason I haven't been on here lately, it hurts my eyes too much! I can't upgrade IE either unfortunately.
fire fox ;) its the future bob lol

·
Administrator
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
I just tried I.E. 6.0 at work and now see what you guys are talking about.

It seems like the (black) background has taken over and breaking up the rest of the formatting. It is ok in Firefox and I.E. 8. I'll look into it when I get home later tonight.

I.E. 6 users; Click on the Photo Gallery or Ad board link if you want to see the way the header should look.

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts

Jeff
Look into using Firefox portable. You just install it onto a jump drive and surf the net without installing the program on the company computer. It can be a little slow to load at times, but it is much better than old versions of Internet Exploder.

Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives

41 - 57 of 57 Posts