Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show y'all what patience and a little 'net work can do. I got a 38DGAS weber from the late John Seaman, but, the gears on the butterflys were worn. I tried a few sources, here in the US and was told that these parts were not available any more. Well with the recent good luck from Mr. Gabriele in Italy, I thought I'd give it one more shot. Well, believe it or not, he didn't have them. I tried one last time, before turning to a machinist friend of mine, and asked Mr. Gabriele if he had the parts used or knew of someone who might just happen to have them. He put me onto Mr. Matthew Cooper of Eurocarbs. He actually had the parts NEW!! He did tell me it took a lot for Eurocarbs to get them, but, I now have the pieces to fix the 38 weber.! :D I have attached a pic to show y'all.
Gene

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Good alternative Dell'Orto parts source too!

BQS4 said:
Just wanted to show y'all what patience and a little 'net work can do. I got a 38DGAS weber from the late John Seaman, but, the gears on the butterflys were worn. I tried a few sources, here in the US and was told that these parts were not available any more. Well with the recent good luck from Mr. Gabriele in Italy, I thought I'd give it one more shot. Well, believe it or not, he didn't have them. I tried one last time, before turning to a machinist friend of mine, and asked Mr. Gabriele if he had the parts used or knew of someone who might just happen to have them. He put me onto Mr. Matthew Cooper of Eurocarbs. He actually had the parts NEW!! He did tell me it took a lot for Eurocarbs to get them, but, I now have the pieces to fix the 38 weber.! :D I have attached a pic to show y'all.
Gene
Very good alternative source for Weber/Dell'Orto parts! It was my main parts source when I originally tuned the SSD DHLA40 for my Gt's 1.9 engine a few years ago. Couldn't find any other source for Dell'Orto parts at the time, definitely none in the US.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,839 Posts
Have you run the DGAS at all? If not, you will be amazed. It can be a very...'fun' carb. Just don't run it in the winter with a 'sprint' exhaust manifold......it gets very entertaining in the same way 'turbo lag' is.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opelbits;
I need to rebuild the carb first, as it sat for quite a while, when John Seaman (God rest his soul) owned it. I wanted to find the gears or have them made before I rebuilt it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts