Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! I've just acquired a lovely red 1969 GT - drove it home yesterday afternoon with a big smile on my face! This one is not my first Opel - I had a '72 Manta A-series Berlinetta and a '78 Rekord 2.0S in the mid-70s - late 80s - nearly 12 years of continuous ownership. Always wanted a GT but is was impractical in that I probably couldn't afford one and, with 5 young children growing up, it just wasn't feasible. Since retirement I've been able to indulge myself a bit more so this one has joined my "stable" of 2 older Saabs, a BMW Isetta 300 and my daily Saab 9-3 Aero wagon. I've run out of space now!
I'll be looking for tips on how to deal with the quirkier bits of this gorgeous-looking little car; I'm sure that you've all "been there, fixed that"!

·
Vendor
2,572 Posts
Welcome to the Opelgt.community.
There are several members here from the UK and Ireland. The GT sounds like a nice complement to your fleet.
What are your plans for the car? Whatever issues you may encounter, you will find the answers here.
Post a few pics of the Opel as well as your other vehicles.
Cheers,
Ron in FL

·
RunOpel
1,234 Posts
Yea welcome aboard and congratulations on getting an Opel GT. For sure this is the best resource and the best people you will ever find to help with your Opel concerns. Pictures and details of the Opel is fun for all. With 5 kids an Opel GT just doesn't work ;) Glad to see you have one now :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the UK Opel GT Owners Club still exist? The seller gave me his copy of the 2010 handbook, which contains names, car details and phone numbers - long before the data protection laws kicked in! If possible, I'd like to join but I can't find any links to a separate website. The address given in 2010 doesn't work now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts