Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to this board. I have always liked the Opel GT since I had interest in cars when I was young. The lines of this car
is just reminiscent of Ferrari's Pininfarina design.

1. At ebay, there's what looks like a mint 1971 GT for $10,000.
Is this what a 'mint" sample commands pricewise?

2. Is there any book or publication solely about the GT?

Thanks!

Ron

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Hi Ron:
Welcome aboard !
$10k would be a "very" nice GT; they can be had for considerably less than that, depending of course on your willingness/ability to rebuild or to just "freshen up" a gt that has been around the block a few times.
There is a nice article from Charles Goin posted elsewhere (I don't know if it's around this site or not) giving great guidelines as far as pricing is concerned. I will attempt to find it and post a link for your use.
Good Luck !
Rick Gradwell
Hatboro, PA
73 GT
75 Manta

·
Opeler
138 Posts
Opel GT Pricing

Hi Ron,

I recently discovered a publication that is suppose to represent a more accurate price for the value of cars to a consumer than the good old Kelly Blue Book. Go to: www.nadaguides.com

Click on Classic Cars, What's it worth, then Sports Cars and follow the obvious. This guide outlines a fair description of what you should get for a certain ballpark figure.

Hopefully this will help. You will absolutley love driving a classic Opel GT.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much Rick and SoCalOpelGT. Every "little" info helps. Hopefully I can also hook up with somebody in my area; I would like to see and sit inside one.

Ron

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Hi Ron:
The article that I mentioned is on the Yahoo Classicopels site, in the FILES area, in the FOR SALE folder. It was compiled by Charles Goin.

I don't know if this copied and pasted link will work or not ?!?!?!?

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/oana/value.html

I am not sure if you have to be a member to get there or not.

Good luck,
Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts